IT Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
American Fork, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Summary
Join a Fortune 500 company in the growing healthcare industry and provide technical support for market-leading software solutions. Henry Schein Practice Solutions, a subsidiary of New York-based Henry Schein, Inc., develops practice management software and electronic services that help dental practices run their businesses. Our solutions lead the market in technology advances and market share, and include product leaders such as Dentrix, Easy Dental, Dentrix Enterprise, Dentrix Ascend (cloud-based) and Viive (Mac) and Tech Central.
Based in American Fork, Utah, Henry Schein Practice Solutions is growing and recently moved into a new building that includes an indoor gym and other desirable amenities. Our dedication to giving back to our community is illustrated in the volunteer-staffed dental center located on the first floor of the building, which provides free dental care to those in need.
Our parent company, Henry Schein, Inc. is the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners. A Fortune 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500 and NASDAQ 100 Indices, Henry Schein employs nearly 19,000 Team Schein Members and serves more than one million customers. The Company's sales reached a record $10.6 billion in 2015.
PERFORMS DEPLOYMENT, MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, AND ADMINISTRATION OF INTERNAL END USER COMPUTERS, PRINTERS, AND OTHER HARDWARE, AND SOFTWARE USED BY THE COMPANY. ACTS AS THE FIRST LINE OF SUPPORT TO THE CUSTOMERS VIA THE HELPDESK SYSTEM.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Represents the I.S. department as the first point of contact for helpdesk trouble ticket and request management.
* Ensures that desktop computing resources are available and in working order for employees. This requires re-imaging operating systems, installing software, handling warranty issues, and related tasks.
* Creates, modifies, and maintains a current knowledge base for helpdesk and customer self resolution of known items.
* Works to ensure the company's compliance with software EULA's. Enforces standards and accountability across all departments with regards to software licensing.
* Creates reports as necessary to show compliance and task completion. Weekly written reporting to the I.S. manager is expected.
* Recommends tools and technologies that will improve the I.S. department and better meet customer needs.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
2 years experience directly related to desktop/helpdesk support in an IS department. Experience using TrackIT is plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Technical background in production environments with an understanding of LAN/WAN environments, virtualization, router and firewall configuration, Windows operating systems, enterprise email, SQL, CRM, Helpdesk ticket tracking software, fax server, tape backup procedures, web and e-commerce, Linux, Unix, network infrastructure, Active Directory, and PBX systems
* Current on latest technology and related standards and best practices
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to learn applicable computer systems
* Good analysis and problem solving skills
* Proven good decision making skills
* Strong planning and organizational skills and techniques
Must be able to demonstrate a mastery of current windows operating systems and related office suite software. Must have good communication and customer service skills.
IT Certifications are a plus.
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
* Earn generous PTO
* Earn 7 Paid holidays
* Get evenings and weekends off!
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with competitive company match
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
* Lunch delivered daily from local restaurants
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.