IT System Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3667
Title: IT System Administrator
Date Posted: 09/13/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
Odyssey Systems conducts systems analysis on a broad range of problems related to surface surveillance, force protection, and homeland defense. Odyssey Systems is seeking an IT Systems Administrator to support IT activities for end-users, test-bed environments as well as classified and unclassified processing systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Administer GNU/Linux desktop/server environments, including Red Hat, Ubuntu, and Centos distributions
* Administer Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh desktop environments, including Win 7 and OS X
* Support installation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of computer and network equipment
* Review and test new hardware and software applications, and make recommendations for purchases
* Design and implement shell scripts and other tools to automate processes and provide needed capabilities to technical staff
* Contribute to projects to improve aspects of the computing and network infrastructure: data storage, backups and recovery, network bandwidth and throughput, application installation and management
* Support design and implement configuration management and monitoring of systems and networks
* Collaborate with other personnel within the organization to enhance technology and support practices
* Maintain regular contact with MIT LL IT and security resources and to rapidly reconfigure systems to report and remediate performance and security issues.
* Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience with Linux systems administration including configuration management, software installation/configuration (packages and building from source), network configuration, kernel configuration and installation
* Three (3) years of experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows workstations and applications in a networked environment
* Three plus (3+) years supporting, configuring, and maintaining VMware or related technology
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-Anticipatd
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability