IT System Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 5/18/2017
Barksdale Afb, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Information Technology Systems Analyst candidates to support the United States Air Force at Barksdale Air Force Base located at Shreveport, Louisiana.
* Research, plan, coordinate and execute Information Technology (IT) activities and projects.
* Research, build, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and install IT equipment.
* Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabling and other network infrastructure.
* Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair software (operating systems and user applications).
* Research, analyze, build, request, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair user, distribution, and security accounts and groups.
* Research, analyze, and perform hardware and software inventory management duties using databases.
* Document all task, new, ongoing and completed, in the designated work order database.
* Perform administrative duties as needed: including management of user and operational forms, inventory records, data calls, office file maintenance, etc.
* Serve as an IT staff representative to non-flight entities when needed (e.g. coordinate with outside IT teams or help desks, and represent flight in meetings).
* Assist in preparation for inspections in regards to Cyber Security, Information Technology, and Information Assurance.
* Provide Tier II support in Systems Administration and troubleshooting.
* Provide administrative support for medical servers. Maintains, installs, and troubleshoots servers.
* Work in coordination with internal and external agencies to complete projects. Elevates issues as appropriate to leadership and work to troubleshoot and resolve IT problems as they arise.
* Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
* Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
* Work in a team environment. Consults with Flight leadership to ensure agreement on system principles.
* Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
* Possess a valid driver s license.
* Ability to communicate clearly on a telephone, walk or stand for up to 8 hours at a time, work from a step ladder, reach under desks, and lift 50 pounds to chest level.
* Skilled at IT networking, and have the skills and abilities to configure, interface, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair networks and networked devices.
* Perform duties associated with network cabling; and have the skills and abilities to install according to current industry standards, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair network cabling.
* Skilled in IT support of personal computers, laptops, and tablets common peripheral devices; and have the skills and abilities to configure, interface, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair hardware and applicable software of said devices.
* Troubleshoot and maintain printers, scanners and multi-function devices; and have the skills and abilities to configure, interface, and repair said devices.
* Knowledge of wireless/mobile protocols and devices; and have the skills and abilities to configure, interface, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair said devices.
* Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications, and have the skills and abilities to configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair said products.
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of non-specific software applications; and have the skills and abilities to quickly learn through on-the-job training and assigned reading how to configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair said products.
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of organizing and tracking systems; and have the skills and abilities to establish and maintain said systems (e.g. help desk ticket tracking database, hardware and software inventory tracking, SharePoint lists, calendars, projects site and office files).
* US Citizen
* Clearance: NACI
* Have at least 1 year of work experience in IT field.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Technologies (or equivalent degree related to the information technology field of study).
* Security+ certification.