IT Systems Administrator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. Note We are offering remote work a few days a week however, we have data centers at 3 locations and will be bi weekly trips to the Lincolnshire, The Aon Center in Downtown Chicago and Oakbrook IL.
Key contributor to the implementation, management, and support of Aon Benfield's embedded technologies. This will include physical, virtual, and Cloud server environments (Windows, UNIX, Linux & VMWare) globally, with an emphasis on setup and components of inventory and datacenter space management.
* Plan, build, maintain, and monitor various Reinsurance application infrastructures.
* Implement and maintain configuration management of systems and devices.
* Become a subject matter expert for resolving complex issues.
* Report on systems status and metrics.
* Develop and maintain documentation on infrastructure and implement standards, procedures, and controls to ensure security and reliability.
* Perform root cause analysis and identify and implement corrective and preventive measures.
* Interface with internal and external customers.
* Effectively manage multiple, competing priorities.
* Contribute to a collaborative team environment.
* Demonstrate occasional flexibility in work hours to ensure critical coverage.
* Be available on call (on rotation) in a 24 x 7 support role for escalation from the international support teams.
* Daily travel between data centers within the Chicago metropolitan area.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / DOMAIN EXPERTISE REQUIRED
* Advance knowledge of systems engineering including Windows, Linux/Unix, and VMWare.
* Citrix XenApp
* Experience and knowledge of networking principles and technologies.
* Working knowledge, experience, and physically capable of setup(rack/stack) and maintenance of servers within a datacenter environment.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Experience with common configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet is a strongly desired.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college.
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Accuracy, thoroughness, and strong attention to detail.
* Strong ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
As the industry leader in treaty, facultative and capital markets, Aon Benfield is redefining the role of the reinsurance intermediary and capital advisor. Through our unmatched talent and industry-leading proprietary tools and products, we help our clients to redefine themselves and their success. Aon Benfield offers unbiased capital advice and customized access to more reinsurance and capital markets than anyone else. As a trusted advocate, we provide local reach to the world's markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial, and rating agency advisory, and the right professionals to advise clients in making the optimal capital choice for their business. With an international network of more than 4,000 professionals in 50 countries, our worldwide client base is able to access the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services. Learn more at aonbenfield.com.
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
JOB NUMBER: 2417401
CATEGORY: Information Technology Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire