IT Systems Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONIT Systems Manager
The Southwest Division (SWD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) has an opportunity for an IT Systems Manager to join our team in the Albuquerque, New Mexico office. The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day IT operations and IT projects as well as evaluating, recommending, installing, and supporting the division's local area network (LAN) hardware and software.
- administer and maintain PC and server equipment
- work with users and Corporate IT department to evaluate and define hardware and software network needs
- supervise IT Assistants
- design, develop, implement and coordinate systems and procedures
- ensure security of data and network access
- oversee labor, maintenance, and equipment budget
- procure, install, and maintain PCs, servers, software licenses, and service contracts
- conduct technical assessments, audits, inspections, and continuous monitoring of Information Systems.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,000 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is one where innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, 'Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit' sums up the ARA experience.
ARA offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage, 401(k) profit sharing, life and long-term disability insurance, performance bonuses, and professional development.
For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
To apply, go to http://careers.ara.com and search by Job Reference # SWD-2016-015.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (2 years of experience can be substituted for each year of college)
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and security configuration
- Advanced Linux system administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance, which includes US citizenship
- 7-9 years of IT systems experience with a Bachelor's degree; 15-17 years of experience without a Bachelor's degree
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with Cisco Unified Communications Solutions and Cisco Unity Connection
- Experience maintaining computational clusters for scientific computing
- Current DoD Secret security clearance or active within the last two years
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States