IT Technician, 12-22 MAWTS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Cubic is looking for a talented, energetic Information Technology Technician capable of working in a fast-paced technology environment. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and will excel working with minimal daily oversight. Responsibilities include a variety of support tasks, including operations, maintenance, and day to day monitoring of the Command information systems.
The IT Tech will be responsible for ensuring that DoD Directives, Marine Corps MARADMINS, Cyber Security methodologies and industry best practices are applied to the Command s information systems. The information systems include Wi-Fi, enterprise, standalone and network services. Primarily, the technician will support the daily operations of the Command s help desk and information systems department by providing timely, thorough and professional remediation of computer user issues. The IT Tech will ensure proper maintenance and management of the information systems network, server, tablet, and desktop equipment. The IT Tech will audit, track, and report security, system and application alerts and take appropriate action to resolve critical issues. Will analyze and provide recommendations in the resolution of wireless and network problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Should have a working knowledge and should possess a firm grasp of Windows server/desktop OS, Cisco IOS - Switching and Routing, SNMP, Syslog and SIEM logging, Solar Winds, Cisco Wireless Access Points, Wireless Client Association, Cisco Wireless Controllers, RF transmission, IEEE 802.11 Standards and Wireless Sniffers. Will have a working knowledge of Local & Wide Area Networks and possess a firm grasp of TCP/IP fundamentals. The IT Tech should possess in depth troubleshooting methodology that can quickly adapt to the networking environment. Possibly require working nights as needed to remediate rogue and security alerts. Have familiarity in Wireless technology like LWAP, WPA2, EAP and hands on experience on Cisco wireless controller. Experience with the common MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc), and ability to draw diagrams using MS Visio desired. Candidate should be detail oriented, able to work independently, effective time manager, and a team player. Qualified candidate must be Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I qualified in accordance with DOD 8570-01M. IAT Level II preferred. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Prepare documentation such as system specifications, network topology, physical rack elevation, operating instructions, technical manuals and power usage distribution.
* Maintain Windows Active Directory, Group policies, OU design, DNS, DHCP support, RADIUS, network storage, and VMware infrastructure.
* Maintain server room, racks, cabling, power monitoring and possible external generator support.
* Maintain Access control, configuration and perform troubleshooting of network devices routers, L2 and L3 switches, Open Source firewalls, ASA firewalls.
* Create and maintain user access, password resets
* Maintain anti-virus and anti-malware software
* Network Support end users, Windows laptops, network printers, video equipment
* Maintain physical inventory
* Analyze equipment and perform repair as needed
* Run physical network connections as needed
* Environmental monitoring of lab and server for HVAC issues
* Incident responses investigation
* Maintain backup of lab infrastructure
* Associate s degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with an IT focus is preferred.
* 3+ years of experience in a data center or equivalent technical training
* Solid foundation in managing Microsoft Active Directory to include, DNS, Group Policy.
* Experience with LAN/WAN technologies and infrastructure
* Experience with Cisco IOS and programing routers a plus
* Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Experience working with VLANs, VTP domains and trunks.
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Knowledge of network monitoring tools
* Some level of manual labor required including lifting heavy objects
Solid experience and understanding of static and dynamic network routing
Experience in systems engineering with an emphasis in networking
Knowledge of VMWare environments and Linux operating systems
Certification and Accreditation such as CCNA, CCNP, CCENT, CCT, MCP