IT Voice Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Program and configure Cisco CM 7.x and higher, Unity Connection, UCCX and Cisco Unified Presence.
* Troubleshoot connectivity issues to peripheral equipment such as CUCM, UC, UCCX, gateways, etc.
* Maintain and administer voicemail, call recording, and CDR reporting as needed.
* Interact with general business users and application developers to define requirements and expectations of new and existing telecommunications systems.
* Develop standards, guidelines and training for any piece of associated technology. * Upgrade network hardware and software components.
* Install and test necessary software and hardware. Provide proof of concept and potentially act as a project manager or lead on implementation.
* SIP based communications, protocols and standards.
* Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
* Support, implement, troubleshoot, and optimize Unified Communications solutions.
* Interface with customers, carriers, and 3rd Party service providers to create and manage problem resolution.
* Solid understanding of telephony concepts - advance telephony skills .
* Experience with implementing or troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications IP Telephony.
* Experience with implementing or troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM).
* Hold vendors and telecom carriers accountable to resolve systemic issues, bugs and or abnormally high failure rates.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
* 4 Year technical degree or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years supporting and configuration of Cisco Call Manager, UCS, Unity, Meeting Place and other Cisco Voice related Solutions.
* 2+ years of experience with problem resolution of hardware/software platform problems in complex infrastructure.
* 2+ years of experience in Unified Communications systems supporting mid-to-large UC environments.
* CiscoCCNA-V, CCNP-V, or equivalent experience, ITIL 3.0 a plus
* Experience with supporting and troubleshooting of WAN technologies such as T1/T3 circuits, frame relay, MPLS, HDLC, PPP and ISDN PRI/BRI.
* Good technical and problem solving skills.
* Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This description is not an all-inclusive description of all job duties. Job duties and responsibilities may be assigned which are not mentioned above at any time based upon the demands of the company. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.