ITSM Project Manager 8/25/2016
SoftSages Technology LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: ITSM Project Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12Months Contract (possibility of extension)
Job Code: WECJP00002222
Compensation type: W2
Acceptable Visa Types: Any visa holder who does not require sponsorship or transfer.
Description: Senior Change Management Engineer:
Changing the way the world shops is a big task and requires an amazing eCommerce operation to do it. As we continue to add more functionality and give our customers the best shopping experience possible, we are constantly upgrading, tweaking and changing our expertly crafted environment and to assure these changes go without incident, we need a detail oriented hero who can keep it all moving forward. That hero is the Sr. Change Management Engineer. As part of the Global Technical Operations, Service Management team, the Sr. Change Management Engineer is responsible for the management and control of all changes to our eCommerce environments, ensuring the least possible risk of service level disruption. They will be involved throughout the project lifecycle and will be accountable for ensuring new services or changes move into our environments in a coordinated and supported way with minimal impact to our customers and existing services.
* Adept at examining and coordinating requests for change in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile environment, able to surface risks by understanding system and application integrations, and recognizing situations of incomplete or deficient documentation.
* Technical aptitude to allow review of the technical details of changes planned to provide a first-line defense against improper change activities.
* DevOps Experience.
* OpenStack Knowledge.
* Strong understanding of ITSM and ITIL Framework.
* Experience working with Change, Incident, and Problem Management platforms such Remedy or ServiceNow.
* Strong technical aptitude in any combination of the following: Database, Networking, Web Applications / Cloud Technologies, Systems, Enterprise Applications.
* Ability to interface with Executive Leadership and effectively communicate in writing and verbally, including professional presentations.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
* Bachelor's Degree in CS, InfoSec or similar field of study OR work equivalent and 5+ years industry experience OR MS in CS, InfoSec or similar field of study.
* Experience training on change processes and procedures to technical and non-technical audience.
* Prior experience as a software, systems, or network engineer or other IT Operations roles is desired.
* Ability to quickly assimilate information and exercise good judgment in decision making.
* Willingness to work outside documented job description. Has a "whatever is needed" attitude.
* General knowledge of Agile Methodologies.
* ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
* Primary objective is to protect the business from being affected by poorly planned changes, which could introduce outages in our production environment.
* Assist with risk and impact assessment prior to implementation to ensure the business is not affected by inadequately planned changes.
* Conduct and/or participate in Post Implementation Reviews. Ensure transition into Problem Management for failed changes.
* Make recommendations around continual service improvements around change management activities.
* Drive changes to process and procedures to speed deployment while protecting the customer environment.
* Measure the process maturity; Benchmark other companies/organizations and participate in professional/industry events. Gather, analyze, and report metrics related to process effectiveness.
* Establish and maintain Enterprise standards based on industry best practices for ITSM Change Management processes, definitions, reporting, metrics, and scorecards.