IV/Infusion Pharmacist (Per Diem) - Lake Success, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Lake Success, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are seeking a Pharmacist (Per Diem) to join our team.
Performs the duties of a Pharmacist working in an infusion pharmacy in compliance with policy and state regulations. Acts as supervising Pharmacist when the Pharmacy Manager is not present in the pharmacy. Works in cooperation with all other branch departments. Schedule: Monday-Friday, day shift; on call rotation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Has solid knowledge of and guarantees compliance with: state and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, Company policies and procedures, and standards of performance.
* Maintains sterile compounding and clinical competency in compliance to policy and sufficient to meet pharmacy standards for patient safety and effective therapy; compounds, dispenses and performs clinical activities to these standards.
* Supervises pharmacy support personnel, which includes activities performed, work allocation between staff, and work performance (quality and quantity of work).
* Delegates aspects of the practice of pharmacy to a Pharmacy Intern or Pharmacy Technician within the parameters of their job description.
* Provides direct supervision to Pharmacy Interns and Pharmacy Technicians working with the Pharmacist. Direct supervision means that the supervising Pharmacist has reviewed the prescription or drug order prior to its being dispensed, has verified the final product, and is immediately available on the premises to direct the work of Interns and Technicians and respond to questions or problems.
* Implements policy and regulatory required record systems and processes for the pharmacy.
* Maintains compliance to the BioScrip formulary.
* Practices the concept of clean claims through compliance to proper pharmacy billing procedures.
* Works with supervisory staff to continually develop and implement ideas for delivering high quality, cost-effective services.
* Participates in the pharmacy on-call rotation.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Assists with supervision of Pharmacy Interns, Technicians, and other support staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment or in a cleanroom.
* Chemotherapy is compounded on site; compliance with all safety procedures required.
* May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required; PharmD preferred. Current Pharmacist licensure in good standing in state of practice. A minimum of one (1) year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Experiential requirements may be waived in lieu of evidence of progressive growth in and attainment of the skills necessary to perform the required duties. Previous home infusion therapy experience is preferred. Knowledge of CPR+ software is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Works independently; demonstrates leadership in the practice of pharmacy.
* Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with branch departments.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures; developing and implementing new strategies and procedures (performance improvement).
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and requirements.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems.
* Knowledge of state, federal and commercial infusion pharmacy reimbursement.
* Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
* Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations; knowledge of regulations and legal requirements governing the industry.
* Ability to maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret pharmacy and clinical information related to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pharmaceutical calculations, discounts, percentages, and volume. Ability to read and interpret compounding, inventory, and delivery documents.
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of abstract variables.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.