IV&V Business Functional Lead (3394)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Position is on the staff of a private, not-for-profit consulting firm located in Tysons, VA and provides technical and analytical expertise within a broad spectrum of public policy management. Work will be primarily at client site in Rosslyn. Current U.S. Government security clearance is required. (See below)
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Job Functions)
This position will deliver IV&V strategic and operational insights for the process improvement and business transformation of global supply chain operations of a large federal agency, as part of a deployed team of functional and IT management experts at the client-site. Key responsibilities include:
* Assess third-party business transformation solutions for strategic and operational viability for supply chain operations where analysis of situations requires an in depth knowledge of organizational environment and objectives.
* Assess the fit of proposed solutions relative to organizational objectives, assess and inform the functional approach of proposed solutions, and identify potential risks and risk mitigations in a fast-paced, applied environment.
* Provide IT project management insights and identify alternative approaches (e.g business process, communications, or other strategic changes to achieve organization s desired outcomes and deliver these daily across multiple project teams.
* Serve as the primary contact at the customer site in area of responsibility working with client point of contact, their customers, senior managers, systems integrator personnel, and other contractors.
* Communicate to LMI senior project leads on a daily/weekly basis in order to coordinate, enhance and optimize client management and service delivery.
* Test third-party business transformation solutions for each release consistent with release management schedule.
* B.S in Information Systems or Systems Engineering or related fields. Master s degree preferred.
* 5-10 years implementing process improvement and IT solutions in medium to large scale organizations. Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle, familiarity with agile.
* 5-10 years organizational consulting experience with emphasis on IT business transformation support.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative.
* Proven experience communicating in a matrix organization.
* Master s degree in Business or related fields.
* Business process experience with the ability to map complex operations and identify opportunities for improvement through process changes and IT solutions. Ability to translate complex business processes into system requirements.
* Proven ability to proactively form relationships in a complex environment with client and other contractor teams. Dedicated customer focus and ability to proactively communicate is required.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively across all aspects of the client organization and with on-site LMI team.
* Experience supporting impacted users and stakeholders through change management cycle is a plus.
Security Clearance Statement: A DoD secret clearance is required for this position. Only U.S. Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.