Imaging Data Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position is responsible for all aspects of clinical Image Data Management in accordance with department guidelines and Institute policies. Provides superior customer service skills to all patients, families, providers, Institute staff and outside customers in accordance with DFCI Customer Service Standards. Coordinates and participates in a variety of data logistics activities involved in the complex scheduling, filing, archival, retrieval, distribution and general management of imaging data sets. Performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring the accessibility of optimal quality images. Participates in departmental and institutional QA/QI initiatives.
* Importing, transferring, and archiving medical images, de-identification and coding of patients studies used in clinical research.
* Quality control of medical imaging data sets and related data;
* Copying de-identified clinical trials data on CD/DVD
* Transmittal of de-identified clinical trials data to the trial sponsors and CROs using various types of electronic data transfers, such as AG Mednet, Perceptive DicomGrid, sftp, web portals, etc.;
* Manages queries related to the image transfers
Follows multi-step processing of all films and soft-copy images and related documentation for radiologist interpretation and referring physician review of images, as well as requests by patients, legal offices, insurance agents, etc. * Performs detailed and complex scheduling functions for synchronization and importation of outside image data sets to network Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
* Coordinates film and electronic image preparation in conjunction with clinic and physician offices.
* Responds to requests via telephone, facsimile, computer e-mail and through written correspondence.
* High-level computer skills with capability to utilize complex imaging workstations to import and export patient images in DICOM Part 10 format.
* Conducts quality control review to ensure integrity of image data is maintained during multiple transfers and Protected Health Information (PHI) has been correctly entered into DICOM headers. Demonstrates ability to exercise judgment and discretion while working with confidential images and associated paperwork.
* Uses critical thinking skills and standard operating procedures to recognize and manage urgent clinical requests for data processing
* Manages customer service issues and is proactive in resolution of related problems.
* Utilizes computer information system in department, with multiple interfaces to various computer systems hospital wide, to obtain information which may be directly or indirectly pertinent to completing a customer requests for information.
* Ascertains inventory needs for record storage supplies and processes requests in a timely manner.
* Works with vendors and IS to resolve system issues with digital image data sets.
* Participates in systems training for new hires.
* Performs other functions as required or assigned.
* Associates degree and/or 2 years equivalent experience required.
* Excellent computer skills
* Experience working in a medical setting or comparable business environment is highly preferred
* Excellent English language reading, writing and speaking skills required
* Experience with medical terminology preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team
* Demonstrated excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task and function as an integral member of the team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Basic computer skills required.
* Critical thinking, problem solving skills and ability to make independent decisions.
* Ability to carry out complex scheduling functions.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Mon-Fri, Day Shift