Imaging Specialist/ Houston 8/16/2016
Universal Hospital Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
THE PRIMARY ROLE OF AN IMAGING SPECIALIST IS THE MAINTENANCE OF X-RAY AND IMAGING EQUIPMENT THROUGH THE EFFECTIVE USE OF THE UHS PROGRAM. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE INSTALLATION, PERFORMANCE INSPECTIONS, EQUIPMENT REPAIR, EQUIPMENT CALIBRATION, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE, CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS, EXPENDITURE CONTROL, AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.
Have a working knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to the diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring characteristics of clinical equipment, specifically with X-Ray and Imaging devices.
* Possess theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and mechanical technology, as well as familiarity with reading circuit diagrams and mechanical schematics.
* Familiar with pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the clinical equipment in X-Ray and Imaging area.
* Familiar with the setup and application of all test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator etc.)
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
* Performs preventive maintenance, calibration and repairs on most medical equipment, mainly X-Ray and Imaging equipment.
* Evaluates equipment problems and implements appropriate repairs with minimum supervision, maintaining effective customer relations and customer protocol at all times.
* Participates in hazard identification and medical device reporting procedures to help ensure that the patient care environment is safe.
* Instructs customer personnel on safe equipment operation when necessary.
* Provide technical training to other UHS employees in areas such as: equipment operation and checkout, repairs, preventative maintenance, quality assurance practices, procedures, and documentation.
* Maintains adequate files and parts inventory for assignments.
* Maintain corporate vehicle in a manner established by Corporate Fleet and District office guidelines.
* Achieves productivity, customer satisfaction and other established performance measures.
* Spends 100% of time in a Resident or District Office.
* Participate, where appropriate in on-call rotation.
* Must be able to lift equipment up to 30 lbs.
* Pursues professional growth through self-education, professional affiliations, and on the job training.
* Perform other tasks required or requested to accomplish department or corporate goals.
* Preferred Certification by the International Certification Commission as a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET).
* A two-year Associate degree in Electronics or Biomedical Equipment Technology or an equivalent technical program.
* A minimum of three year s experience in the Biomedical Equipment field, preferably in the X-ray/imaging service field.
* Successful completion of training in specific modality and/or certification to service equipment.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Houston - Hospital site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Imaging Specialist I
Universal Hospital Services