Immunology Medical Science Liaison - Rocky Mountains 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We all share one big ambition. What's yours?
Everyone who works at UCB holds the same ambition - to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. Of course we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals. That's why we ensure every UCB colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do. Wherever in the world we're based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
To help us meet our ambitions and provide the best solutions to patients, UCB is currently seeking a talented individual as Immunology Medical Science Liaison based in Denver, CO or Phoenix, AZ.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a professional who serves as a key field-based scientific resource for healthcare providers, patients, and internal UCB colleagues. This position will support our Immunology Patient Value Unit (PVU) and will cover the states of Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. Critical accoutabilities include but are not limited to:
* Reviews and critiques scientific publications
* Collects, analyzes, and communicates fair-balanced information concerning therapeutic area, treatment options, emerging standards of care, and competitive intelligence
* Addresses medical information inquires
* Provides effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific audience needs
* Conducts local roundtables and education programs that aim to satisfy the specific needs of individual Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)s and Institutions
* Serves as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, internal meetings, and patient advocacy group meetings
* Identifies national, regional, and local KOLs in targeted therapeutic areas.
* Maintains and broadens synergistic relationships with KOLs to expand research, advisory, and educational partnership opportunities
* Anticipates and provides educational and scientific support to KOLs as needed
* Identifies and facilitates national and global networking opportunities between KOLs and internal and external colleagues
* Assesses feasibility, facilitates submission, and serves as the primary liaison between UCB and investigator, for unsolicited Investigator-Initiated Studies (IISs) from inception to publication
* Provides field updates regarding topics of interest for creation and/or updating of Standard Response Letters
* Identify & support Phase II-IV sites as required
* Doctorate degree (Pharm D, Ph.D or MD) is required.
* At least one year MSL or related industry experience required.
* Knowledge of relevant therapeutic and clinical experience preferred.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings
* Business acumen with a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
* Ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
* Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
* Proficient in Microsoft applications, and web-based applications
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system - or the central nervous system.
With more than 8500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a 'can-do' attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran