Implementation Project Manager - SAS Hosted Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
You will serve as customer liaison on projects to assure success throughout the entire customer life cycle. You will also interact with clients/customers, staff, management, and applicable departments at SAS, leveraging domain and industry expertise, knowledge of the sales cycle, and the concept of business solution selling.
Your duties will include acting as a customer liaison, fully managing customer expectations; supporting large-scale projects and managing smaller scale projects using win/win negotiation principles. Also included in your duties will be conducting assessments, presales, and implementation activities that require matching skills with specific agendas, services, requirements, and tasks; identifying and reviewing assignments of team members for these activities, including adding domain, administration, and contracts expertise; working with account management teams as needed to assist with development of proposals for software and services deals; completing risk assessments and participating in deal review sessions; assuming fiscal responsibility for projects and ensuring that quality assurance and test plans are included; developing, communicating, and tracking all aspects of project plans with the project team; resolving conflicts between the project and other organizational units; and overseeing activities with respect to customer satisfaction, change and knowledge management, as well as the overall summary for each engagement.
Other Key Responsibilities:
* Performs analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project which leads to a client s adoption and improved efficiency or effectiveness.
* Advises clients on solution adoption and integration into business processes based on a solid understanding of client businesses, industries, regulatory environments and markets.
* Drives success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
* Facilitate client/customer steering committees related to the broader aspects of the program/project being implemented.
* Resolves issues between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, engaging management as necessary.
* Communicates project goals to those outside the project and engages management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
* Assures overall customer satisfaction through determination and attainment of project success criteria, engagement and discussions with customers and leadership.
* Builds relationships with clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust
*Ideal candidate will be located in either Cary, NC or Tallahassee, FL.
* Bachelor's degree in a business, marketing, or computer science-related field
* 2 or more years of experience in a customer-facing project management role
* Experience as project manager in a software development environment
* Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion (Approximately 50%)
* Strong leadership, project management, communication and facilitation skills.
* Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
* Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
A combination of experience, skills and/or certifications may be considered in place of the required education listed above
Other skills and aptitude:
* MS Project expertise
* Knowledge of Project Management Practice procedures and tools
* facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues
* Thorough domain and industry expertise, as well as an understanding of internal processes and organization
* Good problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to select appropriate methods to gain win/win resolutions and lead negotiations
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Experience with full-cycle project management of software development projects in a hosted environment
* Experience working with remote resources
* PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn