Implementation Project Manager (WMS) 8/23/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position is responsible for the detailed business requirements gathering, documenting and overall solution design of IT application solutions within the region. Works closely with our internal and external clients to analyze and document client requirements and develop and implement best practice, consistent, standardized IT application solutions. Will take ownership of projects and may from time to time manage other team members aligning them to the project objectives and managing projects as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works closely with the project managers in the region to deliver the application solution milestones of the project.
* Participate in the UTi implementation planning AQP workshops (advance quality planning) to understand/document the detailed business requirements and design/document the application solution to meet the business requirements.
* Works closely with varies development teams in the design and development phases of an application solution.
* Create and execute test plans/scripts/cases based on technical and business requirements defined in the IT solution documentation.
* Perform end application user training as part of the solution handover to the operation concerned.
* Undertake project management of small sized projects, under the direction of the project management team in the region.
* Continuously looking at ways to streamline/improve the current IT solutions to provide a better quality service to our Clients.
* Build and maintains a good working relationship with key Business stakeholders of IT solutions implemented.
* Works as part of a close knit team, to provide a quality service to the business.
* Works both independently and in a team structure when designing solutions.
* Works with sales teams to provide IT responses to RFPs/RFQs.
* Provides support for global projects.
* Project Management with adherence to the methodology of Project Management, updating of the PPO tools, communication of project updates on a weekly basis and holding all team members accountable to delivery on project milestones in order to achieve world class implementations.
*Performs other duties as required
* Work closely with team and client facing peers.
* Must be able to work in a self-directed manner
* Work well with a team / team members
* Working across time zones and with a global team dispersed across the world.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* At least 2 years experience with:
* IT delivery/project management methodology and processes.
* Working in a global multi-national organization.
* Supply chain domain knowledge (Subject Matter Expert).
* Warehouse operational experience (Subject Matter Expert).
* End user application training and training documentation.
* Client presentation experience (project progress & delivery, technology capabilities & value add).
* A very good understanding of the CL&D business service offered by UTi per vertical.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* University degree or equivalent, preferably in a discipline relevant to UTi.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* English language fluency.
* Fluency in additional languages a plus.
* Business & financial acumen (analyzing financial information, dealing with complexity, problem solving, using sound judgment).
* Conviction (adapting to change, being flexible, finding work improvements, resolving conflicts).
* Customer passion (customer service).
* Personal integrity (behaving with integrity, sensitivity to others).
* Interpersonal communication and language skills (e.g., listening to others, speaking to others, reading, writing).
* Communication (facilitation skills and very mature communication skills to be able to communicate to all levels in the organization).
* People and relationship management skills (e.g., demonstrating teamwork, sensitivity to others).
* Results driven (being dependable, being persistent/overcoming barriers, being productive, being resourceful, demonstrating work ethic, drive to achieve goals, IT compliance, prioritizing, reading, taking Initiative, taking ownership, working autonomously, project management skills).
* Analytical skills (e.g., storing information, data management, mining data, learning and following procedures).
* Personal Motivation (e.g., Demonstrating Enthusiasm and Energy, Drive to Achieve Goals).
* Change management skills (e.g., learning agility, adapting to change).
* Can work under pressure and commit to deadlines.
* Work orientation (e.g. behaving with integrity, being dependable).
* IT compliance & governance.
* ITIL (Foundation/ITSM).
* Risk management.
* Project management methodology.
* Business process modeling (Subject matter expert).
* Entity relationship diagram modeling (Basic).
* SQL query writing (data mining and management).
* Troubleshooting software based issues.
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft office suites (Excel, Word, MS Project, Visio).
* In-depth knowledge of the following warehouse management system
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Applicant must be able to travel as required by the job related duties. 30% of time may be spent away from the office.
* Applicant must be based in Aurora / Chicago IL.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.