Import / Export Compliance Specialist 9/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a iverse workforce.
Reviews, monitors, and reports the company's international trade activities against U.S. Government international tradelaws and regulations specific to controlled products, services, technology and software. Effectively apply technical knowledge of applicable international tradelaws, regulations and company policy to assist in the development of compliance risk mitigating strategies in support of company programs and international business opportunities. Provides recommendations and guidance to company personnel involved in international trade activities.
Minimum Education and ExperienceBachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and EducationRequirededucation: BachelorDegree
1. Ability to apply knowledge of international trade laws and regulations in assessing the adequacy of the company's international trade compliance policies, processes, and procedures in response to issues discovered during internal reviews; audits, assessments; and recommending improvements.
2. Ability to monitor international trade laws and regulatory changes having implications on the company's products; services; technical information; and software and acts as a subject matter resource to all business sectors in order to assist in the development of risk mitigation strategies to strengthen the company's compliance posture; including the establishment and maintenance of suitable processes and procedures, communications, training, internal audits,reviews, and/or assessments.
3. Ability to lead or co-lead period internal international trade compliance reviews; audits; and assessments at company owned and managed business facilities for the purpose of evaluating the businesses' international trade activities against U.S. Government international trade laws and regulations, as well as requirements under company's the Special Security Agreement (SSA), and Technology Control Plan (TCP).
4. Ability to independently prepare thorough and timely written correspondence that clearly communicate the basis of findings, proposed risk-based recommendations and specific solution approaches in response to the company's international trade compliance Risk Mitigation Plan.
5. Ability to effectively collaborate and serve as a liaison between Inc. International Trade Compliance and the responsible Sector Export Director; Empowered Official; and/or Export Control Officer to conduct internal inquiries and the drafting of timely and legally sufficient voluntary disclosures for the submission to the responsible U.S. Government regulatory agencies in response to re-portable non-compliant international trade activities.
6. Ability to appropriately challenge and improve the company's international trade compliance posture in response to circumstances including changes to applicable laws and regulations; evolving international business opportunities; customers' expectations or cross-functional area requirements. This may require the creation and/or development on innovative new compliance strategies and methods and delivery of advice.
7. Candidate must exhibit sound communications skills that supports functional and cross-functional collaboration with internal team members and clients in response to drafting and creating updates to Inc.-level International Trade policies, manuals, guidelines, instructions. Preferred Skills and Education
1. Master's Degree and 6+ years of related experiencepreferred Prior experience serving as an International Trade Compliance Specialist with prior experience conducting corporate-level internal international trade compliance reviews; audits; assessments and internal fact-finding on non-compliance matters.
2. Candidate must be willing to travel domestically and international. Approximately 30 percent of candidate's time will require business travel.
3. Candidate must be able to obtain a Security Clearance at the Secret level.
4. Candidate must demonstrate solid knowledge and understanding of applicable U.S. federal laws and regulations governing the exporting and importing of controlled products, technology, services and software. This includes, but not limited to a practical and working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms, and Explosive (BATF and U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Census Bureau regulations.
5. Candidate must demonstrate flexibility and consensus building techniques to be successful at exchange complex information with industry and internal professionals across all levels.
6. Candidate must be able to provide cost-saving strategies through analysis, research, guidance, and assistance to Sector Export Directors, Empowered Officials, Export Control Officers, and other functional area managers throughout the company on a host of current and proposed international trade compliance matters that adds value at a return that increases operational efficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression