In-plant Tech - (Offset, UV, Sheetfed inks)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
INX International Ink Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Welcome to INX International, your home for performance-proven ink and coating products to match your print application and process. A global supplier as part of Sakata INX, a $1.3 billion company, INX International has more than 15 plants in the U.S. and Canada, and over 50 locations worldwide, on four continents. Among North America s top three ink providers, only INX focuses solely on formulations for printing, from basic chemistries through finished product. We also provide advanced, environmentally-conscious ink systems and services for digital printing operations.
INX is a stable manufacturing company whose average employee has been here over 13.5 years. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), and more.
We are seeking an In-plant Technician (Offset, UV, Sheetfed inks) to work at our customer's site in York, Pa to act as a liaison between INX and the customer, manufacture ink, and maintain the ink room. This position will work 2nd shift and maybe some weekends. Previous experience within the Ink Industry is preferred.
* Manufacture inks and weigh up batches of inks
* Perform colormatching
* Coordinate customer schedules
* Supply ink to the presses
* Order, maintain and modify inventory to meet the customer's needs, while also conforming the inventory to the INX on-site inventory parameters
* Perform additional QC on inks coming in from INX branches
* Perform daily clean-up and general housekeeping duties
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS - EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE):
* High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
* Must be able to weigh up and mix batches of ink up to 50 lbs.
* Willing to work 2nd shift and maybe some weekends
* Good computer skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Good organizational skills
* Our ideal candidate is professional, self-motivated, and reliable. Additionally, he or she is technically qualified with Offset Sheetfed UV inks.
A post offer pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check are required. Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran.