Income Tax Analyst-Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview:
Responsible for various aspects of federal, state, and international income taxes including preparation of quarterly tax provisions, income tax returns, estimated tax payments, and filing extensions. The calculation of the quarterly tax provision includes reconciling current and deferred taxes, tracking temporary differences and analysis of reserve with supporting documentation Assist in responding to correspondence and notices in a timely and effective manner.
Commitment to Internal Control:
The incumbent must understand, abide and uphold the system of internal controls related to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(List in order of time spent)
* Prepare quarterly tax provision and all supporting schedules in a timely and accurate manner.
* Update and maintain the fixed asset database, the depreciation schedules and insure the calculations are using the appropriate conventions on a monthly basis.
* Prepare quarterly estimated tax payment calculations and filings as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
* Prepare annually extensions of time to file in a timely and accurate manner.
* Prepare income and franchise tax returns and supporting calculations including apportionment, reconciliation of schedule M temporary differences to balance sheet, depreciation calculations, and tax payments using Prosystem Fx software.
* Prepare/research tax issues that effect calculation of taxes and potential impact on P&L.
* Assist in preparing for income tax audits
* Assist in responding to correspondence from various tax jurisdictions insuring timely response.
* Prepare withholding tax returns and FBAR tax return.
* Other projects as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
* Act independently, Decision making within company policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Strong computer skills: Prosystem Fx or similar income tax preparation software, Word, Excel, familiarity with CCH Tax Research or similar system
* Strong working knowledge of related Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* Expert knowledge in federal and state income tax preparation preferably in the leasing industry.
* Strong organizational skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to meet compliance dates
* Detail oriented with attention to accuracy and thoroughness
* Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BS in Accounting or equivalent
4-5 YEARS TAX RELATED EXPERIENCE, PREFERABLY IN THE LEASING INDUSTRY
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION:
* Hours may vary and may require evening work depending on business needs.
Tools and Equipment Used:
* Personal computer, copier, fax, phone, and other typical office equipment
* Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
* Light lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
* Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person
* Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another
The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.