Incoming QA Electrical Inspector III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Incoming QA Electrical Inspector III
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Oncology Systems (ONCG)
Inspects and tests electrical components, parts, assemblies, and sub-assemblies for functionality and quality conformance to specifications and quality standards, using precision measuring instruments and test equipment: Examines parts and assemblies, such as cables, wire harnesses, transformers, capacitors, power supply etc. for completeness of assembly, quality, and conformance to blueprints, production illustrations, engineering drawings, and specifications.
1. Associate degree, with 5+ years of quality related experience or equivalent, medical device industry experience.
2. Knowledge of FDA 21 QSR 820 current ISO standards 13485 (medical device Protocol) domestic and international.
3. Read and understand technical drawings, blueprints, datasheets, and written work instruction
4. Experience in electrical inspection techniques involving components and assemblies.
Hipot Testing, High Potential electrical safety testing instruments used to verify electrical components insulation.
Inspects wiring of assemblies for accuracy of stripping, soldering, and crimping, and for defects, such as frayed wires, loose connections, and cracks.
Tests continuity and functional performance of parts, assemblies, and electrical components such as transformers and power supply using test equipment.
Proficient with electronic test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Function Generator, Electronic Load, DMM etc.
5. Experience in mechanical inspection techniques.
Performs visual, dimensional, mechanical, and optical inspections based on drawing specifications.
6. Works independently from engineering drawings, internal and external specifications, quality assurance standards, test procedures, and verbal instructions to determine and perform the testing required for acceptance of product.
7. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications or work and makes recommendations for solutions.
8. Ability to lift up to 50lbs of weight and operate pallet jacks.
9. Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel in order to create and update inspection documents and metrics
10. Familiarity with SAP or equivalent Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERP).
11. Uses computer to document quality records, first article and dimensional reports, and job status, including the scanning and filing of records
12. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment.
13. Is detail-oriented and has the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision.
14. Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others across functional groups, co-workers, and suppliers.
15. Excellent time management and follow-up skills.
16. Requires strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
Typical Education and Experience:
Associate Degree or equivalent experience. 6 - 8 years of related experience.