Indiana Harbor - Fire Department - Special Operations Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
East Chicago, IN
INDIANA HARBOR - FIRE DEPARTMENT - SPECIAL OPERATIONS TEAM
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal, North America's leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal's many success stories.
If you're passionate about keeping people safe, have a great work ethic, and are dependable, then we want to talk to you.
We proudly support the Veterans Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hiring a total of one million military Veterans.
Allied Universal is hiring for the Indiana Harbor Fire Department -Special Operations Team.
Responsibilities of the Special Operations Team will Confined Space Attendant/Tester:
* Member will evaluate the confined space within scope of training and direct necessary procedures or equipment to eliminate/minimize any identifiable hazards internal or external to the confined space.
* Test the confined space for hazardous atmospheric conditions consistent with the conditions and process hazards involved.
* Fill out and sign the Confined Space Entry Permit after the test has been completed.
* Shall remain at the confined space entry point tracking all entrants for entry and exit from the confined space.
* Shall remain in constant communications with all entrants and provide atmospheric testing of the confined space during the entry period.
* In case of an emergency the attendant will make notification for rescue and will start/attempt no entry rescue.
* Shall also order all entrants to evacuate the confined space immediately when the attendant:
* observes a condition not allowed in the entry permit
* detects behavioral effects of hazard exposure
* detects a situation outside the confined space which could endanger the entrants
* Rescuer: Member will respond to the confined space to perform immediate rescue of all entrants.
* Rescue duties will be performed within the scope of the level of training held by the rescuer. This will include, but is not limited to, entering the confined space, using rescue tri-pods and/or rescue davits, pre-engineered haul systems, rope rescue techniques, wearing SCBA or ASRS, Sked and/or stokes basket and 3 or 4 gas meters. Pt packaging and pt removal from confined space.
Qualified applicants for the Indiana Harbor Fire Department -Special Operations Team position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* For driving positions, qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Midwest - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days