Indirect Buyer, Global Business Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
In this role, you will work as a Global Business Solutions Buyer and collaborating with Global Workplace Solutions to develop sourcing strategies and preferred sourcing processes in the area of Travel, Meetings, Print and other corporate business requirements. Key elements of the role include: leading strategic spend management (SSM) ideation and execution to support GMI investment into growth, leading preferred sourcing path to compliance to drive visibility and insight to deliver efficient business solutions across the globe supporting our partners in Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) through category strategy development.
* Serve as primary Sourcing contact and liaison with Global Workplace Solutions
* Develop sourcing strategies that deliver short and long term value to corporate business needs
* Ideate, define and implement key Strategic Spend Management (SSM) initiatives to fund business growth
* Collaborate with key business leads to drive Supplier Relationship Management across the GWS
* 1-2 years experience in Buying, other supply chain, or finance preferred
* Bachelor's Degree. Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business or Indirect Sourcing preferred
* Learning Agility - learns quickly and can apply skills to new projects or situations. Demonstrates passion for learning and continuous improvement
* Decision Making - learns where and how to get information and make decisions. Asks for help when needed.
* Process Leadership - learn and apply continuous improvement processes and tools. Ensure a path to compliance of the Indirect Sourcing Policy and Standard.
* Interpersonal Effectiveness - ability to collaborate, influence and motivate others. Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners and suppliers. Communicates effectively and independently tailors messages appropriate to the situation/audience
* Organizational leadership and influence
* Holistic Category Strategy development
* Sourcing process
* Executive communication
* Managing complex ambiguity
* Creative problem solving