Indirect Buyer 8/16/2016
Check Point Software Technologies
San Carlos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with suppliers to effectively negotiate and purchase product/services based on best terms and conditions (price, delivery, service, payment terms, return privileges, added value etc.)
* Ability to determine/review business needs and identify potential issues, clarify requirements
* Design and issue RFPs and analyze responses
* Execute Purchasing activities to support Business Owners requirements which include execution and management of PO's in accordance with departmental standards
* Develop, build and maintain sound relationships with suppliers
* Engage and maintain strong inter-departmental relationships to help facilitate achievement of assigned goals while ensuring strict adherence to Purchasing Policies and Procedures
* Primary contact for internal Marketing, IT Purchasing related matters
* Mentor, train, and assist in development of Purchasing Coordinators
* 5+ years of experience as a Purchasing professional buying and negotiating all types of General purchasing
* Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment and meet aggressive deadlines
* Excellent negotiator, Strategic thinker, Self-motivated, Organized, Superb written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining focus on top priorities.
* Knowledge of Purchasing Best Practices.
* Experience in contract review and Strong Aptitude for Calculations
* Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ERP software (SAP and Kayako)