Indirect Tax Accountant 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
* The Tax Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of sales/use, excise and business tax returns for entities within the Firm. Additionally, this position will work on resolving audits in a favorable manner and interface directly with jurisdictional auditors. Additionally, this position will assist with various projects within the US Indirect Tax group, including the effect of new legislation to transactions within the Firm's group of entities. The position will report to the Senior Tax Accountant - US Indirect Tax.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Preparation and review of sales/use, excise and business tax returns.
* Assist in managing and responding to requests from various state auditors, including directly interacting with them to help resolve issues in favor of the Firm.
* Preparation of necessary documentation to support tax return information and payments made to taxing jurisdictions.
* Assist in research and analysis of various sales/use tax issues.
* Maintain monthly compliance calendar to ensure the timely reporting and payment of taxes.
* Preparation of tax balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
* Assist in development of improved tax accounting and billing processes and reporting systems and related internal control.
* Assist in other state and local tax projects as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* BSDegree in Accounting or Finance required.
* Minimum of 1 to 3 years' experience in US Indirect tax compliance and/or audit.
* Proficient in the utilization of Vertex.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines simultaneously.
* Ability to interact independently with peers and management, possess excellent communication and analytical skills, work under deadlines and multitask.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel.