Indirect Tax Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Global Partners LP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Indirect Tax Manager is responsible for providing shared service functionality related to indirect tax obligations for operations in the United States and Canada. The Indirect Tax Manager will be required to provide advice and guidance to several business units; help identify and streamline best practices in multi-state tax compliance. This position will supervise tax analysts and be responsible for meeting all indirect tax filing requirements. The ideal candidate will be solution driven and have multistate indirect tax experience. He or she will also have excellent project management skills, strong interpersonal and team skills, self-motivated with ability to work and act independently and in groups, strong knowledge of motor fuel, sales & use taxes, as well as strong analytical skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet statutory deadlines.
* Lead all indirect tax compliance activities including: monthly general ledger account reconciliations and timely filing of all federal, international, state and local filings
* Provide supervision and insight to indirect tax compliance including the implementation and maintenance of indirect tax best practices
* Provide timely, comprehensive indirect tax advice, support & training to tax professionals and internal business units
* Responsible for the supervision of the exemption certificate management process and maintenance of required business licenses
* Review and research of motor fuel, sales and use tax issues
* Responsible for managing all internal and external audits
* Monitor laws, regulations and rulings in sales/ use tax and other motor fuel related taxes and fees
* Assist in managing all indirect tax projects and initiatives; including authentication of all transaction tax obligations & process flow changes involved in the redesign efforts to create synergies among Right Angle and Avalara
* Responsible for the supervision, training and mentoring of tax analysts
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Taxation, or related field preferred
* Knowledge and Experience with Motor fuel, sales and use tax a must
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a result driven team oriented environment
* Strong knowledge of various state and local sale/ use tax laws and procedures
* Solid verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer and technical skills including Microsoft Office Applications
* Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.