Industrial Controlls Tech./Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
SAFT AMERICA INC
The ICT/Mechanic maintains production equipment. This will include, but is not limited to: repair, P.M. controls, Calibrations electrical and troubleshooting. Working with engineering ,maintenance and approved vendors to install a wide variety of complex electronic equipment including but not limited to Automatic ,machine and process controls, like AB PLC , HMI Platforms, Robots, Camera systems, network communication system etc. All tasks must be performed while supporting the policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the plant engineering/facilities department and the Company.
* Perform hands on complex repairs/adjustments.
* Provides hands on technical support to manufacturing, which includes troubleshooting and repairing equipment with older controls and installation of new controls.
* Ensure that the machines PROGRAMS are backed up and stored in the ICT DATA base.
* Provides support for engineering on special projects, equipment failures, and upgrading machines as needed.
* Maintains equipment used to perform job duties in good working order and is responsible for materials used in repair of equipment and special projects.
* Communicates between other mechanics, supervisors, engineering personnel, quality control, and managers.
* Troubleshoots equipment and makes repairs as necessary may replace gears, cams, chain drives, etc. Performs any other non-complex or complex mechanical problems as directed.
* Using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices, ensures products meet specifications following equipment maintenance.
* Performs electrical repairs such as replacing switches, fuses, relays, and motors (working with voltages from 24 VDC up to 600 VAC)
* This description outlines the major duties, relationships, and responsibilities assigned to this job. The incumbent may be called upon to perform other duties and functions as needed which may not detailed in this description.
* Responsible for keeping latest software version to support PLC for factory floor, change request should come by E-Mail from Maintenance E-Mail, Engineers, Managers and coordinator.
* Ensure we have the latest revision on software for equipment
* Any other duties, as assigned.
* Experience working with technical equipment relating to electrical and electronic controls and the ability to understand, modify programs for programmable controllers.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a wide range of personnel within the facility.
* Analytic skills and ability to troubleshoot PLC and repair on automation equipment & electromechanical equipment.
* Must know how to use a variety of equipment including oscilloscopes, all types of electronic testing equipment, etc.
* Must be able to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematic diagrams and mechanical component drawings.
* Must have working knowledge of the fundamentals of the National Electrical Code.
* A moderate degree of visual effort necessary when working with precision equipment requiring close tolerances.
* Must provide basic complement of tools necessary to repair machinery.
* Must be able to use and properly read the following test equipment: calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, levels, volt-ohm meters, amp meters, and pressure gauges.
* Must be familiar with, and able to safely operate the following power tools: electric drill, saber saw, band saw, pedestal grinder, and belt sander.
* Must be familiar with, and able to safely work with: electrical voltages from 24 VDC up to 600 VAC, air pressure up to 150 PSI, hydraulic pressure up to 2000 PSI.
* Ability to work without close supervision on day to day assignments and special projects.
* Must be able to se