This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* Description
* Responsible for researching, creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the function, ergonomics, value and appearance of physical, hardware products and systems for the mutual benefit of both user and business. Work within this job family falls into three major categories:
(1) enhancements- changes to original design and extensions to existing programs. (2) new physical product designs (3) strategic design - new or improved physical design language, portfolio design, design archetypes, etc.
** Designs the industrial design for physical hardware products and systems based on established design principles and in accordance with design strategy, practices, and guidelines.
* Creates and translates new design ideas and updates to existing products into sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and models
* Develops and implements industrial design plans, changes, specifications, and reusable design elements for new and existing products
* Collaborates with management, internal, and outsourced design and development partners to coordinate design activities, evaluate concepts and offerings, and recommend and implement changes to products or services to improve industrial design.
* Leads a project team of other designers and internal and outsourced design and development partners to develop holistic, high-quality design solutions for moderate to complex projects, products, and services
* Represents the industrial design team for all phases of larger and more-complex development and design projects and programs.
* Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.Education and Experience
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent
* Minimum 4-6 years experience
* Knowledge and Skills
** Experience with application of design theories, principles, and concepts to information technology and consumer product design
* Ability to apply and effectively utilize 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages for product design
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong understanding and experience in implementing and creating sketches, storyboards, models, and prototypes
* Evaluating designs and making recommendations for improvements to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall industrial design
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate industrial design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at management levels.*
* Industrial Designer
* Requisition ID: