Industrial Electrical Engineer - Cheshire, CT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Airgas is looking for an Electrical Engineer with extensive controls and PLC experience. The candidate will be accountable for designing, building, and testing industrial electrical control and automation systems. The candidate will work directly with engineering and manufacturing teams. The candidate will be responsible for systems from their design stage through commercialization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to customize, design, build, test, and document integrated industrial power supplies for automation and control systems from conceptualization through commercialization.
* Prepare product or system panel layouts, detailed drawings, and bills of material that meet project and code requirements.
* Perform and document calculations supporting system designs and power requirements.
* Deliver systems on time and on budget.
* Develop and document test procedures and technical manuals.
* Conduct system functional tests and trouble-shoot equipment as required.
* Provide technical assistance to manufacturing during system integration.
* Assist with project planning, management, and scheduling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* AS / BS in Electrical Engineering.
* 7 years of electrical design experience including experience designing, building, and testing industrial electrical panels and power systems.
* Expert knowledge of electrical codes: NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 79, NFPA 496, UL 508A, etc.
* Experience with PLC and ladder logic a plus.
* Expert knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical, or equivalent a plus.
* Experience with SolidWorks Electrical 3D, or equivalent a plus.
* Experience with Robotics and/or Chemistry a plus.
* Experience leading, or participating in, hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle high-level multi-tasking.
* Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous projects at various levels of support and responsibility.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Team player able to work well with others in a dynamic, changing environment.
* Self-starter who consistently demonstrates accountability and dedication to all team members.
* Strong work ethic with a desire to get things done, and a willingness to work overtime to meet deadlines.
* Detail oriented.
* Occasionally (1-33% of work time).
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.