Position ID: req4865
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Plant, Anderson, 101 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SC 29626 USA
Number of Openings: 5
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 9/9/2016
Plan, design, develop, automate, justify, procure, and implement manufacturing processes in a cost effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Define the sequence of manufacturing process including material flow, line balance and assembly method for operators, as well as the calculation of the standard hours for new products
* Determine the capacity of production and process
* Improve production processes through the application of lean manufacturing techniques to reduce waste, costs and increase the quality.
* Advance line balance
* Layout change using AutoCAD
* Ergonomics studies
* Work station design
* 5S, 7 waste, VSM, Problem solving. OEE
* Develop and implement effective work place layouts for the facility on introduction and implementation of projects.
* Support the project team through the timely assessment and acquisition of tools, tooling/fixtures, storage equipment, and material handling equipment.
* Provide Industrial Engineering expertise to all projects.
* Timely completion of projects and reports.
* Cost justification and accountability
* Process and equipment specification
* Process and equipment, procurement and implementation
* Train and assist equipment operators, maintenance technicians in areas of responsibility
* Troubleshoot and analyze process and equipment performance for improved quality and uptime
* Environmental compliance
* BS Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required; Industrial and Mechanical systems experience including packaging, layouts, conveying & product handling required; Appliance or similar product assembly experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Business orientation, strategic thinking, leadership, decision making, project leadership, engineering specific skills.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.