Industrial Engineering (IE) Intern
IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Internship / Co-op - Industrial Engineering (6 MONTH ASSIGNMENT, MUST BE AVAILABLE MAY/JUNE THROUGH DECEMBER 2017)
Seeking an energetic and passionate problem solver to assist the continuous improvement process in soup operations by engaging in activities that add value to plant safety, product quality, and conversion cost. Utilize practical continuous improvement tools to address and identify performance issues and find ways to run processes more efficiently with less waste. Work closely with all plant personnel to lead change.
- TDC Reduction - including analyzing manufacturing systems, activities to reduce downtime, identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, expense cost reduction, material yield improvement, enabler program support, staffing optimization, kaizen event participation, work measurement studies, etc.
- Daily Direction Setting (DDS) and High Performance Organization (HPO) team support
- Miscellaneous economic analysis studies to support decision making
- TPM tool implementation (5s, Centerline, AM, etc)
- KPI reporting and communication
- Other duties as assigned
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- In process of attaining Bachelor Degree in Industrial, Systems, or Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Self starter with minimum direction required to make significant improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can comfortably communicate with personnel at all levels
- Power user of Microsoft suite of software including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Very helpful, but not required: Knowledge of TPM tools (Lean, 6 Sigma, Autonomous Maintenance, 5S, Centerline, Kaizen), Data Analysis, Root Cause Problem Solving. Experience in Zarpac downtime data collection, SAP, Mini-Miint, Computer Simulation, and work measurement techniques
Candidates must be willing to flex shift as needed to accommodate the plant's three shift operation.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.