Industrial Maintenance Mechanic IV 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johns Manville, a Berkshire-Hathaway company is hiring Journeyman Maintenance Mechanics(s) in the Bremen, Indiana complex. We are searching for individuals who are dependable, responsible and quality-minded who have a history of working safely in a manufacturing environment -- Must be willing to work any shift (A-7am-3pm; B-3pm-11pm; C-11pm-7am).
Johns Manville is a manufacturer of premium-quality building and mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, glass fibers and nonwoven materials for commercial, industrial and residential applications. JM products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy. This individual will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining process equipment throughout the facility. This position offers the opportunity for:
- Starting pay $28.25/Hour
- Vacation Pay
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Overtime Pay
- Competitive Shift Premium
- Benefits Package: medical, dental and life insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) plan that includes company contributions
- Career Growth Opportunities
Responsibilities:Perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic and preventative maintenance on all required equipment to maximize productivity while maintaining safety and quality standards. Work in partnership with all departments as a part of a key service group to the organization.
- Effectively troubleshoot all mechanical equipment to identify issues within the plant and take necessary corrective actions to repair, replace or rebuild.
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC systems
- Continuously work in a safe manner and report all safety hazards.
- Perform monthly safety and environmental audits.
- As a service provider, partners with production department to accommodate maintenance activities, predictive maintenance, scrap and downtime reduction actions.
- Design and develop equipment improvement ideas
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager discussing all matters of importance.
- Reads, interprets and follows blueprints and sketches, making all measurements and calculations necessary to complete the job.
- Makes out work orders, requisitions, inspection reports, time distribution, material usage, etc., and performs other clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed.
- Directs, assists, and instructs other maintenance employees on jobs where it is necessary to work together or when requested by Supervisor.
- Fill in for Plant Engineer as needed.
- Inspects/maintains plant buildings and facilities. May be required to troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems
- Housekeeping responsibilities.
- Perform other job functions as requested to support the effective and efficient operation of the plant, including duties of lower classifications.
- High School diploma or GED
- Flexibility in work hours and assignments in a 3 shift, 5 day a week operation.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and drawings
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence legibly
- Possess basic computer skills preferably with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to function within a Team environment effectively, but also maintain being a self-thinker and motivator.
- Proper lockout/tag out
- Lift truck operations, JLG, etc.
- License to operate
- Knowledge ofsafety requirements
Working Condition Requirements:Work requires the ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb stairs, reach, and stoop frequently as well as lift up to approximately 50lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 100lbs is also required
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able to work any shift as required
- Good vision, hearing, color vision, speaking, and finger dexterity skills are required as well as the ability to perform close work in a confined space.
- Must pass forklift, scissors, JLG, mechanical aptitude and welding tests
- Employee must supply hand tools and tool chest