Journeyman Mechanic A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 7/29/2017
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONApplicants need to possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered:
* A general understanding of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
* Basic knowledge of quality assurance principles
* Willingness to follow work rules and procedures especially in regards to safety, quality and attendance
* A commitment to alerting the management team when safety, quality or other production issues arise
* Strong understanding of preventative maintenance principles
* Demonstrated troubleshooting abilities
* Understanding of control circuits, hydraulics and pneumatics
* Ability to read and understand wiring schematics, machine manuals, mechanical drawings and blue prints
* Excellent reasoning and problem solving skills
* Strong computer skills such as the ability to navigate through program screens
* Willingness to take initiative, learn new skills and help team members
* General facilities maintenance experience
Applicants for this position must be:
* Willing to work any of our three shifts which generally run from approximately 7 a.m. -- 3 p.m., 3 p.m. -- 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. -- 7 a.m.
* Willing to work mandatory overtime, 12 hour shifts and weekends, as needed
* Able to safely maneuver around our machines -- some of which are in tight quarters
Preference will be given to applicants with relevant industry knowledge such as:
* Strong electrical or electrical electronics experience, including PLC's
* Maintenance and repair experience on machinery used in the box industry such as corrugators, flexo and die cut machines, gluers and conveyors
* Associate's degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Electronics, Machining or a related field
* Demonstrated advanced training or certification in the electrical or mechanical industry such as a journeyman electrician's license or boiler's license
* 2+ years of military service in a related capacity
* Powered industrial truck experience
* Leadership skills
* Lean manufacturing knowledge, especially 5S
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled