Industrial Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
TE Connectivity s $800 million Energy business offers a wide range of reliable, cost-effective products for the electrical power industries including utility, electrical network, industrial and distribution industries. TE Energy manufactures Low, Medium and High Voltage solutions including Cable Accessories, Connectors & Fittings Insulators, Wildlife Asset Protection, and Surge Arresters.
Americas Industrial Sales (AIS) is a newly formed vertical function reporting into the Vice President/GM of Energy. AIS an unprecedented opportunity for innovation and growth within TE Connectivity Energy business unit. AIS will bring together deep expertise with the speed and agility to address accelerating market and technology transitions. The Industrial sales function is responsible for developing and executing sales growth strategies to increase market share throughout the region.
TE Energy is looking to hire an experienced leader to fill the Industrial Sales Manager position for the Central region. This person will have sales revenue responsibilities and will be accountable for the success of all sub sectors such as oil and gas, aviation, transit, renewables, data centers, pulp and paper and other heavy industrial markets.
The candidate will consult holistically across the organization to identify and drive opportunities to capture new market share, develop new product sales, new consumption models, optimize the industrial ecosystem, and accelerate TE s customer relationships within the EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction), Contractor, Design Firm, Develop/Owners and distribution channels.
The ideal candidate will have experience in one of the aforementioned industries, strong grasp of strategic business challenges, and will demonstrate a high level of comfort working with internal teams and the industrial customer ecosystem. Executive presence, strong communication skills and the ability to produce results are critical skills for this opportunity.
This role will give the candidate of choice a well-rounded opportunity for skill set development
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Identify, evaluate and develop sales leads for new products, expansion of existing product lines and sales channels
* Develop and implement sales strategies for assigned territory to ensure revenue and profitability optimization
* Understand industry trends and competitor activity and apply them in sales plan development
* Develop and maintain relationships at multiple levels within the customer organization to position TE as a strategic partner with a competitive advantage
* Drive sales growth through maximization of resources and execution of market segment strategies - Support New Product Development and pro-actively cultivate new product sales
* Responsible for meeting additional KPI targets including bookings & billings growth YoY, conversion rate, S&OP accuracy & customer scorecard. Work closely with Product Managers to develop and implement pricing and promotional strategies; Collect, evaluate, communicate and apply market information and competitive intelligence
* Plan and participate in trade/product shows, seminars, industry trade organizations, district and regional sales meetings in order to identify opportunities
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field is preferred. B.S. in Business with applicable experience will also be considered
* 5+ years Sales Management experience (Utility, OEM s and Industrial) with experience in Energy
* Proven experience working within an S&OP business process framework.
* Excellent oral/written communication and influencing skill
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams
* Ability to multitask and work/train in a fast paced environment.
* Must have the ability to work independently
* Ability to effectively present sales/business strategy to all levels of management.
* Experience coordinating with multiple organizations to facilitate sales growth (e.g. product management, Quality, Field Application Engineering, Factories, etc.)