Industrial Service Techs/Operators
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Thompson Industrial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMMEDIATE OPENINGS for Industrial Service Techs/Operators!!
Apply online only. www.thompsonsoutheast.com
Please note that the applications are being posted through Athens, TN. However, look for the job titles on the left side of page, find the jobs in Canton, NC and click on that link to open correct application.
JOB FAIR TO BE HELD THURSDAY, SEPT 1, 2016, 2PM-5PM
NCWORKS CAREER CENTER
1170 N. MAIN ST.
WAYNESVILLE, NC 28786
EMPLOYER ENCOURAGES APPLYING ON THEIR WEBSITE SO THAT YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE READY FOR YOUR INTERVIEW AT JOB FAIR. APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO COMPLETE DAY OF THE JOB FAIR ALSO.
Thompson Industrial Services is a proven leader in the industrial cleaning business (water blasting/vacuuming). We have offices in SC, NC, GA, FL, TN, KY, AL, PA, LA and VA. We offer the broadest line of industrial cleaning services in the southeast - with equipment, technology and personnel to deliver on what we promise. Few companies can match our expertise, experience and diversity. We work in industries such as paper mills, steel mills, nuclear plants, manufacturing, refineries, automotive, power plants, chemical plants and tobacco plants.
Looking for energetic candidates who are looking to join a stable company with a 28 year reputation of treating it's employees like family and providing high quality industrial cleaning services. If you are energized by being part of a company with 800 other employees to support it... come join our team.
JOB SCOPE / PURPOSE:
The Industrial Service Operator is to safely operate extremely high pressured water-blast units to clean customer systems (pipes, boilers, tanks, etc.), operate industrial vacuum units and safely drive Thompson Industrial Services trucks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Basic knowledge and ability to operate high-pressured water-blaster and vacuum equipment.
* Properly prepares equipment and worksite on a daily basis.
* Ensures that assigned tasks are performed safely with the highest level of quality.
* Effectively communicate with Front Line Supervisors on area such as safety, quality and integrity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: * Tools, equipment, machinery used: Large industrial cleaning equipment and materials, large industrial vehicles.
* May periodically use computers for training purposes.
* Working conditions: outside work, extreme temperatures, noisy conditions, shift work, flexible schedules, on-call hours, 24/7 availability.
* Physical effort required: Heavy lifting, working with large machinery, confined spaces, and heights.
* Travel required: Regular overnight travel will be required for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: * Able to read and write-no high school diploma required.
* Able to pass drug tests (pre-employment, random, and annual).
* Valid driver's license required.
* CDL driver's license preferred.
* Able to physically control industrial hydro blasting and vacuum equipment.
* Able to carry industrial hoses (up to 60 lbs.) up and down multiple flights of stairs.
* Must be able and not afraid to enter confined spaces through a man hole.
* Must not be afraid of heights.
* Must be safety conscious and have good work ethics.
* Basic mechanical skills preferred.
* Ability to respond for assignments within 1 hour.
* Must have telephone access and able to be reached at all times.
* Must complete all pre and post tr