Industrial Sewer - NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL PURPOSE:
Operates machinery to perform single and double needle sewing operations. Exhibits initiative in daily performance to provide quality products and services that meet/exceed customer demands and maintain a quality working relationship with team members.
* Operate industrial sewing machine to join pre-cut and upholstery pieces, align pieces to preserve grain and/or pattern.
* Adjust machines to stitch various types of fabrics.
* Make minor repairs to assigned machines.
* Inspect parts during assembly and upon completion to assure compliance with established product quality criteria.
* Maintain expected levels of order and cleanliness using 5 S principles.
* Complete daily paperwork to track rejects, units completed or other documentation as required.
* Report any equipment or safety concerns immediately to assure a safe work environment.
* Perform additional responsibilities as requested.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Demonstrated ability to operate and program sewing machines for detailed assembly work.
* Ability to lift 55 lbs.and perform repetitive motions of bending, pushing, grasping, and pulling.
* Demonstrated ability to distinguish between colors of thread or fabric, fabric grains and patterns.
* Good hand-eye coordination, concentration skills, and demonstrated attention to detail.
* Basic math, reading and communication skills.
* Ability to rapidly manipulate small parts and use power hand tools.
* Proven ability to work in a flexible work environment and adapt to overtime requirements as needed.
* Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.