This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cape Cod Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Cape Cod Healthcare
Full-time 40 Hours per week
8a-4p, Monday - Friday, Occ W/E, Occ Hol.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to promote patient and staff safety through the prevention of infection. The Infection Preventionist (IP) is responsible for assisting in the development of the CCHC Infection Prevention Program Plan and implementation of the Plan at Cape Cod Hospital. The IP implements the Infection Prevention Program Plan by:
* collecting, analyzing and providing actionable data regarding hospital associated infections to physicians, staff members, department directors / managers, the Director of the CCHC Infection Control Department and the CCHC Infection Prevention Committee
* using epidemiologic data to assist in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the infection control practices throughout the hospital and to educate staff members, patients and their families on measures for prevention of infection
The Infection Preventionist in collaboration with and at the direction of the Director of Infection Prevention and Control acts as a resource within the hospital in regard to all matters that relate to the prevention and control of infection including: outbreak investigation; isolation precautions; implementation of evidence based measures for prevention of infection; review of patient care products proposed for purchase; review of construction and renovation projects with regard to infection prevention; development of infection prevention policies and procedures. The Infection Preventionist assists in ensuring that the hospital is in compliance with the recommendations and regulations of governmental agencies and regulatory authorities with regard to infection prevention
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Collaborates in performance of the annual CCHC Infection Control Risk Assessment by providing Cape Cod Hospital Data on hospital associated infection that is pertinent to the risk assessment
2) Collaborates in the development of the annual CCHC Infection Prevention Program Plan
3) Utilizes surveillance software for collection, analysis and reporting of those hospital associated infections outlined in the Infection Prevention Program Plan. Utilizes surveillance software to collect / analyze and report on outbreak investigations and other special epidemiologic studies.
4) Reviews, in a timely manner, all analyses and reports on hospital associated infection including outbreak investigations with the CCHC Director of Infection Prevention and the CCHC Hospital Epidemiologist
5) Assists in providing Cape Cod Hospital physicians, staff members, managers / directors and senior management with timely reports on hospital associated infection rates including internal and external benchmarks and recommendations for improvement.
6) Assists in providing Cape Cod Hospital managers / directors and senior management reports on outbreak investigations and recommendations.
7) Collaborates in the development of tools and provides support for managers / staff to monitor compliance with evidence based infection control practices
8) Develops and provides new employee orientation, mandatory annual education and in-service training programs related to infection prevention and control
9) Collaborates in the review and revision of CCHC and Cape Cod Hospital Infection Control Policies (including the Tuberculosis Control Program Plan, the Bloodborne Pathogen Transmission Prevention Plan and the Multiply Drug Resistant Organism Prevention Plan) to ensure that they are consistent with governmental agency recommendations (CDC) as well as regulatory authority standards (TJC,MADPH,OSHA,FDA, EPA), and in the absence of governmental recommendations or regulations, the current published peer reviewed literature.
10) Assists in reviewing all proposed construction and renovation projects and issues Infection Control Permits.
11) Participates in regular environmental rounds to identify environmental issues that impact infection prevention and make recommendations for amelioration.
12) Participates in the value analysis program by reviewing medical equipment / products related to infection prevention and providing recommendations for / against purchase. Assists in implementing procedural or product changes that enhance patient safety by preventing infection.
13) Investigates exposures of staff / patients / visitors to communicable diseases, notifies involved Department Directors/ Managers of exposure and collaborates with CCHC Occupational Health Services in management of the exposure.
14) Complies with CCHC policy for reporting of communicable diseases, unusual infections and clusters of infection to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
15) Participates in Cape Cod Hospital Committees and the CCHC Infection Control Committee as required and in activities that further professional growth and development.
16) Performs other work related duties and activities as assigned or requested.
Consistently provides service excellence to all patients, family members, visitors, volunteers and co-workers in a manner that reflects Cape Cod Healthcare's commitment to CARES: compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and service.
* Registered Nurse. In addition, a Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Epidemiology, or Community and Preventive Medicine is required.
* Current Massachusetts RN license.
* Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred.
* Two years experience in an acute care hospital setting as an Infection Preventionist RN.
HR Use Only:
Zip Code: 02601