Information Assurance Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Maryland Heights, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Information Assurance Engineer III
Location: Boeing Campus Hazelwood, MO (Greater St. Louis area)
Tomahawk Mission Planning software is developed and maintained for the US Navy. Windows operating system is used on workstations, servers and domain controllers for our development and operational systems. The Navy customer requires Information Assurance (IA) processes and procedures be applied to all their systems to keep computing systems up to date and protected from known vulnerabilities. The applicant will keep multiple systems up to date. The applicant will work with the customer and local security to resolve issues and keep systems up to date.
Applicant will also assist with Information Assurance (IA) tasking. Determining vulnerabilities in computer systems, running scan applications, writing business cases, running virus scans and installing operating system updates. Must be familiar with Windows operating systems.
* Develops, deploys and maintains enterprise-wide systems and information security requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures for a stakeholder organization or program/sub program. Evaluates capability risk/gaps and takes action to meet objectives.
* Analyzes security situations, environmental factors and business objectives. Develops and/or advises on a broad range of compliant information security and data protection requirements.
* Analyzes and documents computing security events. Identifies root causes, prioritizes threats and recommends and/or implements corrective action. Determines acceptability of unique configurations and verifies security parameter placement. Tests and deploys risk mitigation processes and tools.
* Perform system scans, write business cases and install operating system updates.
* Perform tracking, testing, validation and verification of complex software applications.
* Follow quality standards and processes.
* Minimal travel may be required.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Technical Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Must have good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Experience in IA process and procedures.
Experience in Windows operating systems and server technology.
Must have Security Plus accreditation or work towards getting the accreditation.
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance prior to hire date.