Info Systems Security 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONInfo Systems Security 1Job ID:
Information Systems Security REQ ID:
Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees - including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Harris is searching for talented entry level Information Systems Security professionals to join the Harris Security Operations Team (Posture and Incident Response). This is a Level 1 Information Systems Security (ISS) position that is staffed in the Security Operations Control Center (SOCC). Accordingly, applicants must be willing to work rotating shifts in a 24x7x365 environment. Please refer to the job description provided below.* Responsible for Tier 1 Security Posture, Incident Detection and Reporting
* Monitors security events to identify anomalies and possible incidents within the network
* Uses skills and external resources to validate those events as valid or false positive
* Performs historical analysis of logs associated with security events
* Produces well-written reports outlining incident and potential mitigation
* Mines data from various sources looking for anomalous activity
* Communicates with teammates about potential incidents and trends
* Mentors junior analysts
* Troubleshoots VPN sessions / issues
* Handles phone calls from customer
* Applies baseline security configurations to network equipment
* Works with other teams to troubleshoot network-related issues
* Shift work required in 24x7x365 environment
* This includes working Holidays and weekends as part of the shift
* Must be able to provide on-call support as needed
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment QUALIFICATIONS:* Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Computer Information Systems with Network Focus or Communications Focus, or Cyber/Information Security.
* Associate's Degree with 2+ years of experience
* Bachelor's Degree
* GPA of 3.0 or greater required.
* Understanding of various Operating Systems
* Understanding of system logs and be familiar with log analysis
* Strong investigative drive
* Understanding of cyber-attack vectors (Buffer Overflow, Phishing, etc.)
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong listening skills
* Ability to work in a team environment PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:* Information Security experience
* Understanding of system vulnerabilities and exploitation
* Understanding of vulnerability mitigation
* Security+ Certification or equivalent certification Preferred Security Clearance:
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Bachelors Degree Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Melbourne .