Informatics Specialist Full Time Nursing Admin
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
Santa Fe, NM
This position oversees the implementation, support and delivery of clinical information systems including but not limited to the hospital electronic medical record. Responsibilities and oversight include upgrades, testing, and maintenance; and the coordination of educating the Medical Staff and Associates.
This position collaborates with Information Systems, Medical Staff, Nursing Services, Organizational Development, Process Improvement and other CHRISTUS St. Vincent, CHRISTUS Health and non-CHRISTUS Health entities to improve and enhance the interchange of clinical information and the computerized medical record.
This position supports strategic organizational goals using information technology to facilitate customer service, improve patient care and resolve business related problems. Integral to the role is serving as a key contributor in the selection of information systems.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nursing. BSN preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: R.N. with current New MexicoState license.
SKILLS: Demonstrated experience with current systems analysis principles, practices, tools and techniques.
Experience with project management principles and practices including project planning, organization, scheduling, allocation and management of resources, budgeting and reporting.
Considerable knowledge of and experience with current system and application and design principles and concepts, including:
- Database design and optimization
- System and application optimization
- User interfaces and standard data entry methods
- Technical and operations documentation standards
Proven ability to communicate effectively with users and staff who have a variety of levels of knowledge, skills and responsibilities:
- Assist personnel in the operation of computer systems and applications
- Develop user, technical and operational training courses and requirements.
- Prepare documentation, charts, graphs, project plans, training materials and other written communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Professional work habits and demeanor, including:
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines who may have varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to contribute to the effective functioning of that team.
- Strong computer skills
Minimum Qualifications: Registered Nurse with a minimum of five years experience. Three (3) years of relevant experience in system applications with a minimum of one (1) year project implementation team lead role required. Experience in First Net, CareNet, Power Notes, CCL Report Writing and report writing preferred.
Desired Qualifications: Registered Nurse with a minimum of eight years experience. BSN preferred. Strong computer skills required. Five (5) years of progressive responsibility in large complex information systems environments with a wide variety of Healthcare Management Information Systems applications recommended. Extensive clinical practice preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Responsible to: Director, Clinical Informatics
-Bloodborne pathogen: A
General office and hospital setting with exposure to computer room and patient care evironment.
PHYSICAL and SCHEDULING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Some travel required
2. May be required to work outside of normal working hours
3. May be required to work long hours during critical problems or implementations
4. May be required to withhold paid-time off during critical problems or implementations provided adequate notice is given.
5. Ability to lift and transfer objects typically not in excess of 50 lbs.
6. Extended use of video display terminal and keyboard utilizing sound ergonomic principles.