Information Assurance Analyst (2012917)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management.
Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
This position will serve as an analyst for client security control assessments as assigned. The candidate will be responsible for the performance of security control assessment planning and execution in compliance with client policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
The candidate will have had prior experience working with a wide variety of technologies, be well versed in the current state of Information Security, and be able to interpret requirements of relevant governing bodies (NIST, OMB, GAO, etc). The candidate will be required to interface with federal employees and contractors to perform the required activities. Additionally, the candidate will responsible for assisting in the presentation of the security control assessment status reports and findings to the client. The ideal candidate will have prior experience performing similar work for a federal client, to include strategic planning, solution development, FISMA assessments, and a technical background.
Further, the candidate will work closely with Security Engineering, other ISSO and ISSM personnel to facilitate systems assessment and authorization on systems for which the candidate has responsibility. The candidate will evaluate assigned information systems to ensure systems are securely hardened, patched, monitored, and evaluated via available assessment services and ascertain if additional safeguards are needed.
This position will be based in the Telos location in Ashburn, VA ; however the work location will be a combination of the client site in Washington, DC and the home office.
* Performs POA&M management and prepares associated reports
* Learns and becomes familiar with new software suites
* Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operational performance, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
* Perform other administrative and support functions as needed
* Complete assignments with independent thought and action within the scope of specific assignments
* Work cooperatively with other Telos Corporation and Telos Identity Management employees, government agencies and other industry partners
* Enter data or information into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device using various software packages
* A minimum of two (2) years of technical experience;
* B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering or related degree is preferred, or an additional (6) years of relevant experience;
* Experienced in preparation and updating Security Certification and Authorization documentation
* Information Systems Security certification is desirable but not mandatory
* Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels are required
* A professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
* Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment
* Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future. EOE/AA
Washington, District of Columbia, United States