Information Assurance Engineer II-C (2012902)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Warner Robins, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The most security-conscious organizations trust Telos Corporation to protect their vital IT assets. The reputation of our company rests on the quality of our solution and the integrity of our people. Explore what you can bring to our solutions in information assurance, secure networks, secure enterprise messaging, and identity management. Be a part of the Telos culture and see what sets us apart! Telos offers an excellent compensation package with benefits that include generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and 401k. Our employees enjoy more than just a great work environment!
Must possess skill for developing and/or applying software assurance principles, policies, practices, standards, and controls relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation. Capable of engaging development teams to identify security requirements, provide technical security guidance to developers, software testers, team leads, and producers to avoid introducing flaws that can lead to security vulnerabilities. Understand common software vulnerabilities and countermeasures, and applying security-testing tools.
This position will be at Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, GA.
The candidate will provide Information System Security Engineering expertise throughout the system s entire lifecycle in accordance with DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP). He/she will conduct security engineering of IA of DoD and Federal Information Systems, which will include developing security requirements, data gathering and documenting system security plans, risk assessments, contingency plans, security test and evaluation plans, and security concepts of operation. Develops, reviews and maintains security policies and standards on commonly deployed systems and generates or reviews DIACAP packages. The candidate must be familiar with a variety of the field s concepts, practices, and procedures and will rely on his/her experience to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Provide Information System Security Engineering expertise throughout the system s entire lifecycle in accordance with DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), Certification and Accreditation (C&A) methodologies and DoD Instruction 8570.1-M.
* Conduct Security Engineering of IA of DoD and Federal Information Systems, which will include developing security requirements, data gathering and documenting system security plans, risk assessments, contingency plans, security test and evaluation plans, security concepts of operations.
* Develops, reviews, and maintains security policies and standards on commonly deployed systems.
* Generates and reviews DIACAP packages.
* Utilize knowledge and expertise in RPASOC, AF DCGS and FPED systems.
* Contentiously monitor ACAS and NESSUS scan utility.
* Prepare Assessment and Authorization packages.
* Ensure all system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle.
* Provide assistance and guidance to Information Assurance I, when needed on more difficult technical problems and tasks.
* Maintains job knowledge by studying state of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Associates or Bachelor s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience with 5+ years experience performing Information Assurance functions for complex networked systems or no degree with 2 years ISR experience performing information assurance functions.
* Security+ or other 8570 certification required.
* 5-12 years of Information Assurance experience preferred.
* Experience with or knowledge of RPASOC, AF DCGS, or FPED systems required.
* Knowledge of ICD 503 and NIST publications.
* Experience in continuous monitoring using ACAS and NESSUS scan utility.
* Familiarity with audit reduction tools.
* Experience with EITDR, eMASS, and XACTA.
* Proven expertise in preparing Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages.
* Must have experience with ensuring system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle.
* Ability to utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
* Familiar with a variety of the field s concepts, practices and procedures.
* Ability to lead and direct the work of lower lever IA s.
* Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
* Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
* Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
* Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
* Interest in new technologies and the ability to adopt to those new technologies.
* High level of drive and ability to learn.
* Ability to lead a team and carry development workload.
* ***Candidate MUST HAVE a Top Secret / SCI Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels are required with a professional attitude regarding attention to detail and customer service and excellent organizational skills are required
* The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to access sensitive information, which requires US citizenship.
* Telos maintains a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug testing on all applicants who have accepted an offer of employment
* Telos Corporation participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Telos will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration ( SSA ) and/or the Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) of your authorization to work in the United States
Telos offers an excellent compensation packages including salary commensurate with experience and benefits to meet your needs for today and the future.
Telos and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Warner Robins, , United States