Information Assurance Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
Wright Patterson Afb, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Information Assurance Officer
LOCATION: Wright Patterson AFB, OH
JOB ID: 1782
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on project excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & non-profit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
* Assist with the management and preparation of Air Force Equipment Management System (AFEMS) Information Assurance activities and artifacts.
* Function as the AFEMS program s IA focal point and ensure the Program Manager (PM) and Information Assurance Manager (IAM) are aware of the program s IA status and activities.
* Develop, implement, oversee, and maintain an organizational and system level IA program
* Conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with accreditation and/or certification support documentation.
* Identify IA threats, deficiencies, vulnerabilities, and associated countermeasures.
* Ensure effective procedures are in place to verify all users have the requisite security clearances, supervisory need-to-know authorization, and are aware of their IA responsibilities before being granted access to AFEMS and other required AF Information systems.
* Maintain NIPRNet and SIPRNet accounts to coordinate organization IA actions (e.g. CMIs, AFCERT CATs, TCNO status, INFOCON changes, Firewall Exceptions, DNS Registry, POA&M submission and IA control compliance for software and hardware releases).
* Active Secret clearance
* Certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Chapter 4, IAT Level II. (Security+).
* Past experience working within the Department of Defense Information Assurance.
* Working knowledge to satisfy the requirements of the DIACAP in pursuit of ATO and ATC renewals and the FISMA process.
* Three years of IA experience using logistics systems.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
* Working knowledge of the eMASS tool.
* Working knowledge of the EITDR tool.
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification.
This is a full-time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with an MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.