Information Assurance, Security Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Cherokee Nation Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Indian Health Service (IHS), an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is responsible for providing federal health services to American Indians and Alaska Natives
The IHS delivery system is composed of 12 administrative Area Offices, which oversee local Service Units. Each Area Office has the responsibility for operating the IHS program within a designated geographical region.
To support the agency mission, the IHS Office of Information Technology (OIT), manages the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS). It is a distributed electronic healthcare information system deployed at IHS sites and includes clinical, administrative, and financial information on patients and resources. It is also integrated with the Agency’s national data repository, the National Patient Information Reporting System (NPIRS) and with applications to securely exchange patient information with other healthcare providers.
In support of the RPMS and other applications, the Office of Information Technology manages the network infrastructure to provide network connectivity between IHS sites and to external networks such as the Internet, other Government departments and healthcare partners supporting IHS to deliver services.
They are in need of a Security Engineer to aid in their mission.
• Follow all policies mandated by the IHS Division of Information Security on firewall configuration management.
• Support the IHS Division of Information Security on incident response investigations.
• Maintain firewall configuration rules, signature sets and patch levels to ensure a coherent defense-in-depth security posture is maintained.
• Implement firewall and router configuration changes to control access between the IHS network and external networks.
• Configure network firewalls and routers to access the IHS network using LAN-to-LAN tunnels. In some cases, the contractor shall configure both the IHS side and the remote side of the LAN-to-LAN tunnel connection.
• Configure and support inline security appliances required for traffic inspection by the Division of Information Security.
• Troubleshoot connectivity issues related to access and performance issues over the LAN-to-LAN tunnel connections.
• Perform log analysis to identify miss-configured devices consuming bandwidth and firewall CPU resources.
• Support the deployment of security devices required by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program.
• Support the deployment of web proxy solutions, performing fault isolation during connectivity failures and proactively identifying performance issues.
• Experience designing and supporting security infrastructure to meet federal security requirements
• At least one Cisco security CCIE certification
• Ability to Obtain Public Trust Clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10429 online at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT’s expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf