Information Assurance/Security Engineer 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for an Information Assurance/Security Engineer to support an important government customer in Washington, DC.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON AWARD OF WORK AND CUSTOMER APPROVAL
Clearance Level (Required to Start): Public Trust
Daily Job Responsibilities:
Provide leadership to the Department of Education (ED) Information Assurance Services (IAS) team to support the implementation and on-going operation of the NIST Risk Management Framework activities. This includes the six RMF phases:
* System Categorization
* Security Control Selection
* Security Control Implementation
* Assessment of Security Controls
* System Authorization
* Continuous Monitoring
Assists the client to review and maintain the RMF strategic roadmap, implementation plan, and other RMF documentation including templates, guidelines and process flows. Also assist in planning for the on-going operational activities. Develop metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the RMF program and periodic status reporting. Researches, recommends and manages new and existing tools to support the risk management program.
* Experience in performing NIST/DISA based security assessments both manually and using appropriate assessment tools
* Demonstrated knowledge of NIST Special Publications including SP 800-53 and 800-37
* Demonstrated knowledge of the use of Common Controls for achieving FISMA compliance
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills (for stakeholders of all levels including Senior Executive Service (SES)
* Demonstrated technical or auditing experience within government, the U.S. Department of Defense, the financial or health care industries, or IT auditing firms.
* Experience with Department of Justice's Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) system.
Degree & Years of Experience:
* Bachelor's with 10 - 12 years of experience, or
* Master's with 8-10 years of experience
* Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Travel Requirement: Less than 10%
Work to be performed on-site at customer facility in Washington, DC and is convenient to Metro. Minimum 8 hours per day to cover core hours of 9-3.
Phacil is a leading employee-owned provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the Federal Government. With consistent focus on technical excellence, exceptional contract performance, and quality results, customers have come to trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges. Phacil's diverse range of mission-focused solutions in Software Services, Systems Engineering, Integration & Operations (SEI&O), Cybersecurity, and Service Desk operations enables our team of over 800 technical professionals to effectively serve our customers throughout the U.S. and overseas.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on Contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards including the Coalition for Government Procurement's Excellence in Partnership and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, as well as rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors and CRN Solution Provider 500.