Information Assurance Software Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 4/5/2017
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a member of the Software Defined Radio Solution (SDRS) Integrated Project Team (IPT) staff, the employee will provide support to one or more Integrated Product Team(s) as a Software Defined Radio Engineer involved in the analysis of complex systems for determination of those system's conformance to IA standards. The employee will act as a member of the SDRS IPT, which supports development and testinbg of new military communications systems. They will need to have familiarity with embedded software development to the degree necessary to analyze software. The employee will follow established analysis processes and procedures defined by the team. The employee will comply with established target dates for completion of various phases of the projects, and reviews changes in schedules. The employee will be responsible for providing technical expertise to other engineers as well as sponsors in technical meetings, working groups, conferences, and program reviews. Employee will maintains skills current with trends in industry and the government and keeps abreast of new developments in their field in order to best support and advise the customers. The employee will be responsible for ensuring that all assigned tasks meet DoD guidelines, and are completed on time. The employee will be responsible for contributing to the Continual Process Improvement (CPI) on the programs they are assigned to.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of Information Assurance techniques and standards as applicable to complex software systems.
* Ability to review software source code and/or design documents to determine security posture of complex software systems used in communications.
* Knowledge of engineering methods in order to investigate and provide expert technical advice on aspects of technical and operations of electronic systems being developed for military applications.
* Ability to formulate, execute, advise on, technical solutions using standard practices, equipment, devices, processes, and techniques and resolve a wide variety of complex problems with the ability to prepare, present, and evaluate plans, designs, reports, and correspondence.
* Knowledge and experience with the Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI) model, User requirements, and/or embedded software systems
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge and experience with Software Designed Radios (SDRs) in areas such as software porting and the Software Communications Architecture (SCA).
* Detailed knowledge and experience with Software Designed Radios (SDRs) in areas such as General Purpose Processors (GPP) and/or IP networks.
* Demonstrated experience with the C and C++ programming languages in an embedded environment.
* Familiarity with the Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) standard and its use in embedded systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled