Information Assurance Specialist 8/20/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
Fort Meade, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking an Information Assurance Specialist to work in our Ft. Meade, MD office.
ECS Federal is seeking an Information Assurance (IA) Specialist to work on-site in support of DISA at Ft. Meade, MD.
The responsibilities of this position may include the following:
* Establishing, implementing, and interpreting the requirements for agency compliance with policy directives governing infrastructure protection
* Coordinating the review and evaluation of the agency infrastructure protection program, including policies, guidelines, tools, methods, and technologies
* Participating in the certification and accreditation of systems
* Identifying current and potential problem areas
* Updating or establishing new requirements
* Monitoring agency compliance with infrastructure protection requirements across IT programs
* Adjusting program guidelines in response to changing technologies
* Providing security compliance administration and oversight to security policy and compliance management
* Participating in the development of security policies
* Identifying security risks and recommending risk mitigation strategies
* Helping to identify mitigation and remediation for non-compliance with security standards/controls
* Managing POAM compliance and responses
* Developing plans to implement POAM required infrastructure
* Security + certification
* Certification & Accreditation, System Security Planning, and Vulnerability Management background related to IT Security
* Familiarity with ITIL/IT Service Management and Change Management processes
* Ability to work in MS Office/SharePoint environment
* Strong technical writing skills
* Knowledge of information security principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology
* Experience working at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
* Experience briefing senior executives
* CISA, CISM, or CISSP certifications
* Degree in IA, IS, CS or related area
* Experience with FISMA, NIST, OMB guidelines, and other Federal regulations and guidance
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.