Information Center Specialist II - Loan Origination Specialist 9/16/2016
Digital Federal Credit Union
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 3 days alternating 8am-5pm or 9am-6pm, 2 days alternating 11am-8pm or 12pm-9pm, Every Other Saturday 9am-3pm
Accept and process Consumer Loan and Mortgage applications using appropriate software packages. Obtain Underwriting Authority and approve loan applications following lending guidelines. Provide members with Service Excellence and accurately process member requests. Understand and explain all DCU products and services. Identify member needs and effectively cross sell appropriate products and services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provide Service Excellence to both internal and external members. Meet service expectations as outlined in Service Excellence Scorecard * Meet expectations for all contact center related statistics, including but not limited to, measurement of Available Time, Schedule Adherence, AUX Time and After Call Work * Help to meet the financial needs of new and existing members by building strong relationships and recognizing potential referral opportunities and successfully completing qualified referrals of DCU products and services * Participate in performance development by being receptive to constructive coaching feedback from Team Leaders, Managers and Peers * Foster teamwork and strive to strengthen relationships between the Information Center and staff in support departments * Accurately process transactions, file maintenance and all other member requests * Makes process improvement recommendations in an effort to improve the efficiency of operations in the Information Center and/or other areas of the credit union * Obtain Lending Authority by completing required training and actively particpating in the Underwriting Training process. Underwrite loans within established guidelines * Proficiently process consumer loan, home equity and mortgage applications * Maintain compliance with required consumer loan and mortgage regulations * Become registered through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Communication * Conflict Management * Member Focus * Decision Making and Problem Solving * Teamwork * Coaching * Developing others * Planning and Organizing
Education and Experience Requirements:
* High School diploma or equivalent * Prior consumer loan or mortgage origination experience preferred
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
* Strong interpersonal skills * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Strong technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office programs and other contact center systems * Ability to multitask * Organizational and Time Management skills
This position has no supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopier/scanner, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
Service Excellence: The DCU Way: All employees are expected to provide service excellence the "DCU Way" through teamwork and by providing quality service to internal and external members, incorporating the Guiding Principles of DCU's culture:
* People come first * Do the right thing
Make a difference
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA):
All Credit Union employees are required to complete all BSA related training annually and maintain knowledge of current BSA policies, specifically those related to functions performed within the department and identify and report possible suspicious activity.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Degree: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected? Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.