Information Developer/Technical Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
Infor Job Posting
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 73,000 customers in 194 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor combines focused, hands-on industry experience with global breadth to help companies deal with today s challenges and prepare for tomorrow s opportunities. We offer deep industry-specific applications and suites that are engineered for speed and use groundbreaking technology to deliver a rich user experience. Our applications also feature flexible deployment options that allow customers to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premise, or both.
For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Information Developer/Technical Writer
JOB LOCATION: St. Paul, MN at 380 St. Peter Street 55102
JOB SUMMARY: The Information Developer plans, organizes, and writes online help, user, administration, technical, and release-related documentation for business software. The Information Developer interacts with programmers, business analysts, quality assurance specialists, and customer support and field services consultants.
* Gather information, interpret product business and technical designs, and organize content for documentation projects.
* Determine important information about a product, function, or task from the audience perspective; provide key content that enables users to use a software application effectively.
* Write content that is clear, concise, grammatically correct, and adheres to standards.
* Work with designated reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of documentation.
* Work in a team environment, including multi-writer, multi-location projects.
* Balance multiple projects and follow through on project deadlines and deliverables.
* Participate in internal projects to continuously improve the quality of documentation processes and deliverables
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum Bachelor s degree in technical communications and information design, business, English, or related field.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in technical communications, with at least 2 years of experience in software documentation.
* Expert knowledge of English language.
* Experience using industry standard technical writing authoring tools such as Oxygen Editor, XMetal, Arbortext Editor, FrameMaker, or RoboHelp.
* Experience using multiple computer operating systems, file management tools, and common office application tools.
* Experience or knowledge of markup languages, such as XML, SGML, or HTML.
* Ability to work productively with software development teams in the same or different locations and to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Knowledge of or experience working with business software, particularly with Human Resources and Payroll applications.
* Experience with XML authoring tools and the DITA standard.
* Experience with content management systems.
* Ability to collaborate with colleagues in remote locations.
* Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
* Competent visual design knowledge and ability to use tools to produce diagrams.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race color, creed religion sex, gender, identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.