Information Research Specialist (Library Sciences)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Amazing opportunity to user your Master s Degree in Library/Information Sciences working for a Global Leader in the CRO Industry! Don't miss this chance to bring your experience to PAREXEL and enhance your skills, grow professionally, and work with a tight knit highly experienced and committed team in our Corporate Global Headquarters.
The Information Research Specialist creates and manages current awareness services, including journal TOC services.
- Maintains Library s collection of journals and subscriptions, including journal tracking and filing
- Handles document delivery
- Manages vendor invoice payment process (via Oracle), and project and departmental expenditure tracking activities
- Maintains departmental Sharepoint site.
- Develops proactive services as needed
- Assists in PIRLS training and marketing programs as needed
- Provides backup to Manager and Senior Information Research Specialists
- Responds to information requests from all employees, on a variety of subjects, using online databases and other subscription resources for literature searching
- Supports Manager and Senior Information Research Specialists on complex research projects and knowledge management activities.QualificationsExperience
1-3 years of experience in corporate, pharmaceutical, healthcare industry or medical library. Microsoft Office literacy.
- Able to work in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Energetic, creative, proactive, motivated, flexible individual with ability to multi-task, good reference-interviewing, interpersonal, critical thinking, organizational, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have customer-service focus
- Confidence and credibility in relationship-building with internal customers at all levels and external vendors
- Experience with Sharepoint preferred
- Experience and ability to perform in-depth medical, drug, competitive, regulatory and business literature searching using Dialog, pharmaceutical pipeline databases (Pharmaprojects, IMS, Adis, etc.), and web-based resources preferred.Education
Master s Degree in Library/Information Sciences from an ALA (American Library Association) accredited programEEO DisclaimerPAREXEL complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.