Information Security Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
EarthLink, an original Internet pioneer, has evolved into one of the world s top managed network, security and cloud solution providers. Our people keep us competitive and focused, and we re looking for talented professionals to join our team! Are you passionate about driving transformation* Are you ready to impact how people experience technology in business and as consumers* By joining EarthLink, you will feel energized by working in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology environment, and will gain experience to help you grow personally and professionally.
The Information Security Analyst s (ISA) primary duties involve managing the day to day risk to EarthLink s IT assets. The ISA monitors real time security events and investigates potential security incidents.
The ISA also supports the consumer anti-spam platform which protects EarthLink consumer customers by investigating reports of spam, phishing and computer viruses originating on and off EarthLink s network, working with customers and other EarthLink employees to investigate and take action on violations of EarthLink s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
The ISA utilizes a range of skills and is responsible for:
* managing tickets in EIS work queue
* conducting investigations into customer violations of EarthLink s AUP
* maintaining best practices to help reduce the impact of spam, phishers and other illegal content
This position is included in EIS after hours on call rotation to coordinate IT security incident response and escalated customer security issues.
Monitoring and investigating security events in the company s SIEM tool.
Reviewing cases and incidents forwarded by the customer facing SIEM vendor pursuant to the delivery of the Threat Monitoring and Defense product.
Answering calls from Threat Monitoring and Defense customers with questions about their log events.
Acquires and issues certificates for the encryption of network traffic.
Coordinate IT security incident response process which includes coordinating the evaluation and response for actual or potential security events.
Investigate and resolve Earthlink Acceptable Use Violation (AUP) complaints including spamming, phishing, child pornography and other unacceptable use of services by investigating information contained in email headers, web sites, server logs, radius logs and pop records.
Maintain inbound spam reputation filter list by reviewing consolidated EarthLink customer spam complaint reporting and adding IP addresses to block spam. Review and assess the validity of reputation filter unblock requests and use judgment to remove low risk IPs from the reputation filter list.
Accept, investigate and resolve escalated customer affecting issues from other departments. This includes investigating the details of an incident and contacting the customer or related parties via phone, email, and postal mail as necessary.
Review phisher complaints from EarthLink employees and evaluate reputation and signature based filters for effectiveness. Escalate issues such as unidentified virus attachments to anti-spam vendor for resolution.
Aggregate reports and analyze spam and fraud sign up trends and make recommendations to
Senior Manager, EIS Operations about process and automation changes aimed at reducing risk from spam and viruses
Analyze and investigate unauthorized use of restricted and confidential EarthLink customer data by outsourced agents using EarthLink systems and reports to identify trends and establish exposure.
Conduct additional analysis into threats identified against IT assets and work with IT peers to remediate and resolve outstanding issues.
* Minimum of 2 years working in a technical environment, 2 years UNIX experience preferred
* Experience in telecommunications, ISP, email or technical related industry
* Must be moderately proficient in Unix/Linux command line interface (Unix/Linux skills, Windows, Proficiency in Excel and Access, Core internet protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL)
* Focus and attention to detail, track and report on trends, have a strong work ethic
* Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and writing skills
* Must have a desire for success and willingness to learn.
* Work successfully in a team setting with little oversight
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 4 years of job experience
* SSCP and Security + certifications preferred