Information Security Engineer - US (AZ / DE / MD) or Germany (Bavaria)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
At Gore, our global teams bring together extensive knowledge and collaborate closely to create and deliver products that solve complex problems and perform in the most demanding environments. Our corporate functions help ensure that the company is well-positioned for long-term success, with an environment where associates work together effectively and pursue the highest impact opportunities. We are looking for an Information Security Engineer to join the Global Information Security Team. Locations for this role include Elkton, MD, Flagstaff or Phoenix, AZ, Munich, Germany.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, were looking for you! As Gore grows globally and continues to innovate, the need to build the Information Security team with skilled professionals continues. Gores Information Security program is critical in creating and implementing solutions that accomplish Enterprise Information Security objectives and Business objectives.
* Planning, designing, configuring, implementing, and monitoring information security solutions for the protection of Gores electronic information
* Identifying and defining security requirements by understanding business processes and requirements
* Identifying and evaluating security related vulnerabilities
* Implementing technical solutions and new security tools to mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks or implement compensating technical controls and security counter-measures
* Analyzing information security systems and applications, and recommend additional security measures to protect information against unauthorized access or loss
* Developing detailed security designs in partnership with security architecture
* Preparing and documenting standard operating procedures and protocols
* Partnering with Security Operations to troubleshoot security solutions
* Participating in Incident Response and Disaster Recovery activities as needed
* Remaining current on emerging security practices and standards:
* Participating in educational opportunities
* Reading professional publications
* Maintaining professional networks
* Participating in professional organizations
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree (or advanced degree) in information technology, information security, computer science, mathematics or a related field or commensurate experience
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in Information Security
* Possess a security-related industry certification
* Knowledge of risk assessment procedures, technical policy enforcement, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies
* Broad exposure to all aspects of information risk management, security engineering, and security operations
* Technical proficiency in security-related hardware and software, forensics, and other security systems and tools
* Technical proficiency in broader areas of IT, including networking, servers, virtual machines, cloud, desktops and mobile devices
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that's understandable for non-technical audiences
* Ability to contribute to technical teams and project teams across multiple business functions
* Strong problem solving and deep analytical abilities
* Strategic thinking and relationship management
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Baltimore, Elkton, Maryland, MD, Landenberg, Pennsylvania, PA, Newark, Wilmington, Delaware, DE, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ, Munich, Germany, information, technology, IT, computers, computing, security, business, operations, systems, processes, projects, applications, services, servers, networks, software, environments, infrastructure, buildings, end, users, end-users, governments, vendors, partners, providers, laws, regulations, requirements, standards, guidelines, trends, issues, governance, policies, policy, practices, concepts, principles, programs, initiatives, defense, solutions, risks, incidents, breaches, intrusion, vulnerability, detection, firewalls, cryptography, antivirus, anti-virus, assessments, assessing, audits, auditing, operating, capital, forecasts, purchasing, staffing, vision, strategy, strategies, controls, mitigation, planning, plans, prioritizing, prioritize, coordinating, coordinate, coordination, guiding, guidance, guide, implementing, implementation, deploying, deployment, organize, organizing, organization, developing, development, tracking, approving, designing, evaluating, evaluate, evaluations, analyze, analyzing, analysis, influence, influencing, advising, advice, counseling, educating, educate, collaborative, relationships, response, responding, resolving, resolution, complying, compliance